6.02.2012

Regularity.

Is there anything better than a healthy morning BM after your first cup of coffee?

Ok, plenty of things, but that is pretty tops.

Also, I've been doing a lot of Googling (I always do a lot of Googling) about my nearly-daily struggle with bloatation and indigestion. Like, literally, after almost every meal I'll feel really burpy - except that I am never able to burp. It's just an extended uncomfortable feeling of pressure and fullness in the upper chest. So frustrating! It's the worst when I decide to have a margarita or, God forbid, a beer with the meal. Forget about it. I'm like a helium balloon for hours. When it gets bad, I'll actually feel the need to vomit. At least the bile will start to rise up and my mouth will start overproducing saliva. It's really cool. (Not.) Remember this?

Anyway, what Oogly Googly tells me is that these could be symptoms of GERD or LPR. (Ugh. So unattractive.) But the most interesting thing is that they (Scientists? Doctors? Googlatrons?) are finding that there is a probable link between GERD and Asthma sufferers, most notably those that suffer from a persistent cough. i.e. ME ME ME ME ME! So, the end of the story is that I am going to go to the store today to buy some Prilosec and see if that helps control this Cough of Doom that always surfaces when I run out of my asthma meds. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment