2.01.2015

2015.

There's something about it being The Actual Year of our wedding that has somehow amped up the stress level. There's also the fact that the next five months of wedding planning and budgeting coincides with my final semester of doctoral coursework, which includes taking both French and Spanish concurrently, taking a doctoral seminar on opera and politics that kills me with its one million pages of reading every week, an independent study with my graduate committee chair which involves another one million pages of reading every week, organizing our university graduate music association weekly colloquiums, working in the Graduate Studies office part-time, writing a dissertation prospectus, taking my doctoral exams in April, and defending both my exams and my prospectus in April.

Blargh.

I have literally only had like two nights in the last month where I didn't have some kind of wedding or school related anxiety dream at night. A couple of weeks ago, I dreamt that it was the morning of our wedding, and I had not written my vows or confirmed our reservation with the church. And then last night I dreamt that it was May 6 (one day less than one month before our wedding), and I had not called our reception venue to finalize our menu.

Geez, Ysabel. GET A GRIP.

I tried to self-medicate with donuts and m&ms for like the past week and that only resulted in me breaking out. So, um, I guess I should stop that. I wonder how well green juice will help calm my crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment