10.17.2011

Things I promise to write about in my next update.

...that I will outline here in bullet form in order to 1) remind myself and 2) make it seem like I wrote an actual post.

1. My week from hell two weeks ago. Seriously. Things it entailed:
  • Falling in insta-love with a sweet, loving, adorable Boston Terrier puppy. And then having to concede that keeping her would be an irresponsible thing to do. I still get verklempt about her. Pardon me... *sniffle*
  • Existential crises out my wazoo. 
  • Catching a cold from any number of germy students in the music building, which then caused my asthma to flare up, resulting in a month long coughing + dry heaving bender.
  • My car stereo suddenly deciding to stop working. Blergh.
  • Eating my feelings. With lots of ice cream and cheese. And subsequent repercussions.
  • Menstruation. 
2. My newfound love for organic chicken legs from the grocery store. So affordable!
3. My students continue to love me. I continue to make a fraction of minimum wage. Hooray.
4. MLB World Series. Here's hoping for another Rangers loss a Cardinals win! :)
5. The Star*ucks barista I met and chatted with at length this morning has a Masters degree in Oboe Performance from Northwestern (very good music school). I think he was jealous/impressed that I had an adjunct teaching job with only a Masters degree. Little does he know he probably makes more money than I do.
6. Schmoobs and I poisoned ourselves with cheese (specifically, deliciously ooey queso on nachos) last night. The biggest loser in this scenario? Our toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment