12.02.2011

From the book of Revelations.

(Is that a sacrilegious title? I'm not sure.)

As I sit here taking a break from work on this gloriously gray and gloomy Friday to type out this post, I stop for a moment to realize that I am in the midst of four different writing projects, heading into the final week of classes this semester on my fourth year of teaching music courses at a university, just finished practicing both piano and the devil stick and on my third day freelance copywriting for a new company that - Praise Jeebus Hallelujah! (is that sacrilegious??) - is earning me a bit more per client. And the thing is? I kind of like it. Operative words being "kind of." At least I actually am enjoying today more than I thought I would ever enjoy the lifestyle afforded me by my massive adjunct salary at the end of last year.

This new copywriting company has placed me initially at a very high writer level (yay) which means that I am privy to clients that are willing to pay more for copy that is more interesting and enjoyable to write. In fact, the first two clients I submitted copy to accepted it with no revision requests and apparently placed me on their roster of writers that they would like to specifically request for future projects. So that's nice. Next time you happen upon a company website for Schimmel grand pianos or real estate in the Northern Neck of Virginia, you might be reading my word vomit. Haha.

Maybe I am settling into this helter skelter lifestyle a bit more, and finding ways to become more skilled and comfortable in this existence. And, even while my loins yearn for the kind of stability and salary that come with one 9 to 5 job, maybe I am just destined to be constantly juggling multiple creative jobs and projects all at once. Now all I need is to get at least one of those juggling balls to pay me a decent amount so that I can continue juggling with glee*.


* By "with glee," I mean "without having to ask my computer genius brothers to help me pay for my car insurance every month." Blurgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment