2.29.2012

Adventures in drinking two glasses of wine alone on a Wednesday night.

1. You will find yourself staring at the computer monitor and thinking, "Oh my God. The letters are SO BIG right now."

2. And then you will laugh at yourself for realizing that it is because you are leaning way forward and your face is three inches from the screen.

3. And then you will feel a mixture of confused and stupid when you realize that, no, it's because you somehow pressed "CTRL +" and really did make the font bigger.

Sheesh.

Good thing Schmoobs comes home tomorrow. I need supervision.

***

Oh, and I might possibly have an interview with a local insurance businessman who is looking for a blogger/web content writer for his growing business. I saw the job listing while scanning Craiglist and sent off an email and resume. He called me literally 20 minutes later.

But, seeing as how I have a phone-phobia (phonebia?) AND I was in the middle of practicing, I let it go to voicemail so that I would have some time to prepare my Professional Phone Voice.

And by that, I mean I needed to do two hours of intensive interweb detective work to make sure that this guy was legit and not, say, a Craigslist serial killer. By the end of the two hours, I was able to find his website(s), business address (which I looked up on Google maps) and Facebook profile. And through stalking his Facebook profile, I was able to find out that he is married (good sign), with four young ginger kids (also a good sign) and that he is a super conservatron with a picture of him and Rick Perry on his Wall (AGH BARF BARF BARF).

So anyway. We'll see how that works out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment