3.31.2013

And in an Easter twist...

I have decided to put myself on a post-Lenten restriction and just literally threw out a bag of bagel crisps, a bag of chips, a small bag of fried snacky things, and some sweet and sour sauce sugary syrup. I did not just fall off the slow-carb wagon, I Medieval-style catapulted off of it. (Yes, we were/are trying to cut processed sugars and grains from our diet. At least "slow-carb" allows you one cheat day a week.) I think my diet for the past week has consisted of only fried white foods dipped in sugary syrups. Ho boy. Enough is enough. But I also know myself enough to acknowledge that - even if I say I do not want to eat them anymore - if those things exist within my kitchen cabinets, I will be devouring them within the hour. So I sucked it up (by "it" I mean my ever-bloatating belly) and tossed it all into our garbage can outside.

And while we're on the subject of life improvements, I have started taking St. John's Wort (I don't know...I think it might make me an overall more pleasant and nice person?) as a supplement and am dipping my toes into this Bulletproof Coffee thing. So far, I find neither objectionable. Also, I have not yet committed to buying a hand blender, so my buttery coffee is basically just mega-oily black coffee. All I do is add a bit of organic coconut oil and another bit of Kerrygold into my mug before the coffee drips into it and then give it a good swirl before I throw it down the gullet sip it in a sophisticated fashion like an elegant lady. I got both the coconut oil and Kerrygold at Trader Joe's (yeah!) for cheap. The Kerrygold was only $3 and the coconut oil was made in the Philippines so you know it's excellent! Anyway, I don't add sweetener since I am just fine with plain coffee, but I do have to say that the butter and coconut oil do leave a smooth and nutty tasting coffee. I can only imagine how tasty it is if I were to actually emulsify the drink with a hand blender. Maybe I'll ask Schmoobs for a birthday hand blender or something.

Also, I totally am doing the Bulletproof Coffee in baby steps. Only maaaybe 1/4 teaspoon of both fats into my coffee this morning. Oof, can you imagine suddenly taking like 3 tablespoons of oil 3 pats of butter with your daily cup of coffee in the morning? Holy crap. Emphasis on crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment