4.06.2013

Bulletproof Coffee: a follow-up

Something that I should have read more closely about this endeavor is that this is meant to be a breakfast "substitute." As in...a key aspect of it is that one full mug is supposedly enough to keep your belly satisfied and your mind and body energized throughout the morning, and you are not drawn to eat until the mid-afternoon. Hm. Maybe this works most of the time, especially when you up the fat content to the recommended 2 (or more!) tablespoons of each.

But it won't work if you (by "you" I mean "ME") are within two weeks of starting your Monthly Confirmation That You Are Without Child Woman Time. In which case, you will start off the day with a mug of delicious Bulletproof Coffee. And then chase it 5 minutes later with probably an illicit donut. And then maybe a plateful of leftovers from last night's dinner. And then some leftover Easter candy.

Long story short, I gained three pounds. Hahahhhahaha.

That's okay. I blame it on the PMS-ing. We'll see if this endeavor is more successful...in about one week.

***

Also: Exciting things are happening to me (exciting to me, anyway) in the world of music research and academia and general what-the-hell-is-my-purpose-and-path-in-life stuff. This, combined with my beginning the daily St. John's Wort supplement regimen AND the freaking arrival of real Spring FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY PLEASE I HOPE I DIDN'T JUST JINX IT OH GOD has put me in such a happy mood lately. I don't even recognize myself anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment