11.15.2005

Etc etc etc.

Whine whine whine, blah blah blah, always too tired (read: lazy) to update regularly lately, sorry sorry, whine whine, blah.

Here is a short rundown of what has happened in the past week:

1. I lost the near entirety of Scott's wardrobe at the laundromat!! Hence, prepared for the end of our relationship. Haha. He was amazingly nice about it, whereas I was freaking out.

2. Found out a day later that his clothes had been dried and kept in the laundromat office by the owners since I had left to go teach lessons and they were going home. Phew.

3. Have been left to man the Starbucks station all by myself during morning rush twice by same idiotic irresponsible co-worker who is unable to show up to work in a timely manner because of sad drinking problem. Ech. Con: Long line of many caffeine-dependent customers + mixed feelings of deep anger and sympathy for idiot coworker. Pro: More tips for me!!

4. Irrepresible everlasting cough has made its long-dreaded return. Blaaaah. Only 60 more days until I qualify for health insurance through Starbucks and can medicate myself with precious (read: EXPENSIVE!!!) asthma pills. Mmmmm....asthma pills. I do not heart suffering from consumption.

5. I think I'm taking a trip to Chicago for a few days with Scott! Wheee!! He will be off doing various nerdly band related activities at the Midwest conference while I hang out with old buddy old pal Dev! Have never been to Chicago, save a few stops at O'Hare (Least. Favorite. Airport. Ever.) during various flight connections. Am sehr excited. Awesome!!

6. I may have 2 more new students this week. This will bring my grand total to a whopping 11 students!! Yay!! Early retirement, here I come...

7. That's all for now. I'm hungry and need to go forage for food. I would like to be able to eat something without leaving the apartment. However, as the entire edible contents of the kitchen consist of a few eggs, one slice of white bread, an opened box of instant grits and most-likely expired sliced turkey and bacon, I think my prospects are pretty bleak. Oh, and some leftover Halloween candy. There are also two cans of tuna in the cupboard but I can't figure out how to work Scott's blasted can openener. Bah.

6 comments:

  1. Health insurance?!?!?!!????!!! Methinks I slave away for the wrong evil coffee chain. Actually what I really want is dental though. Gawd I would love to go to the dentist before all my teeth fall out of my head.

    /rant

    I actually like being by myself when it is busy. Because I'm a selfish bitch who no likey splitty the tippies. Yup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The state of your kitchen makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's really sad is that with both a bachelors and masters degree you can't figure out the can opener. So sad. Pitiful really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah L: Ah, the tippies were, indeed, mahvelous! It almost made up for the fact that I came home the first day of alone-ness with a ruined white shirt because I had splattered coffee, espresse, steamed milk, whipped cream and various other coffee shop sundries all over myself amidst all the mayhem.

    Sarah P & the sisterino: Yes yes, I know. I sometimes amaze myself with how pitiful my eating habits are. Also, that damned can opener is defective, I tells ya! I'm not sure yet exactly what part of it is broken, but I swear to god there's something wrong with it. Me am smart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, if you need to get into a can, you can borrow one of our cats. Just tell them there's tuna in the can and they'll figure out how to use the can opener. On a related note, for the life of me I can't figure out how they got my credit card number to order all that tuna online last month...

    As far as you losing most of Scott's wardrobe, that's the kind of story that you will cherish years down the road. Like when you're wealthy and have servants to do that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for health insurance...
    Something I'm not getting from the glorious collegiate system...
    the first time with a real job and the first time without health insurance! Thanks uop...or pacific...or whatever....

    ReplyDelete