12.05.2006

A few quick things before I go beddy-bye

  1. It's funny how quickly one can turn from Overachieving Office Ingenue to Slackish Office Layzabout. When I first started this new job I was in bed by 11pm and setting my alarm for 6:30 every morning to MAKE SURE I would be out of bed by 7 and at work by 8:30 on the dot. ...Cut to two months later and here I am sitting in bed at 1:19 in the morning after watching tonight's Tivo'd episode of Heroes, blogging away on my laptop because I really don't plan on setting my alarm any earlier than 8am, which - if I allow myself at least one hit of the snooze button - would get me in the shower by 8:10, on the road by maybe 8:35, at the drive-by espresso hut by 8:59 and in the office by...eh, a smidge past 9. But, you know what? I get my job done and I do it well, so neener neener.
  2. Speaking of Heroes: Oh. My. God. The best new show of the season, if not one of the best shows on television period. From a purely entertainment standpoint, at least. Hiro is my favorite character. He is Asian. If you haven't started watching this show yet, you should. Scott and I are officially depressed that tonight's episode was the last new one until freaking January 22nd. I think Bela might be too. Oh no, wait. Bela's depressed because Scott spent the majority of last night taunting him with his conducting baton. Also, because his god-damned fleas are back. Damnit! I guess we didn't get them all the last time. Ah, well. Back to Target we go!
  3. Speaking of good television: has anyone been watching this season of Survivor? I haven't watched that show since, like, the second year probably, but this season's got me pretty hooked. I'm definitely rooting for Yul. And not just because he's also Asian. I'm rooting for him because he's attractive, humble and wicked smaht...because he's Asian. Hahaha.
  4. Hm, I just realized that this post is quite pro-Asian. Asian Asian Asian. If you look at that word long enough, it looks really weird. Hm. Anyway, gooOOO Asians! Ha.
  5. Ok, it's 1:30 now so I should go to sleep for real. I do need to get up bright and early for my morning soy latte! ...and work, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Heroes was good but I saw the person/explosion thing coming. but I was impressed by Studio 60, I love the way Sorkin writes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hiro! And I totally agree that a 6 week hiatus is unacceptable. C'mon, the rest of us maybe gets 1 or 2 weeks of x-mas vacation. Hollywood could do the same. Oh and for your flea problem, have you tried Advantage or Frontline? Pricier than a flea collar, but way more effective.

    ReplyDelete