1.05.2007

TGIF. For realz.

So this is the exchange of emails that transpired after I was faxed a 2-page long hand-written scribbling of about thirty different titles (or approximations thereof) this crazy woman needed at one of the stores. At least these had titles. At the bottom of the second page was scribbled this:

"Burgmuller CD (3)"

and

"Transiberian Orchestra piano solo (3)"

*****

To: Jakob
From: Ysabel
Re: A. Miller order


Hey Jakob,

Re: that giant order from A. Miller that you faxed. I need more info: at the bottom of the second page, she (or you?) wrote "Trans-Siberian Orchestra piano solo 3." I'm going to assume that means she needs 3 copies, but I need a clearer title. Trans-Siberian Orchestra has more than one book out. Same thing for "Burgmueller 3 (CD)." 3 copies? What CD title is this referring to? Thanks.

Ysabel

*****

To: Ysabel
From: Jakob
Re: Re: A. Miller order


Hey Y,

Concerning the huge A. Miller order:

1. The Trans-Siberian Orchestra book is a piano solo book containing the bell carol and their Xmas stuff....that is all she would tell me. ( three copies)

2. The Burgmuller book is a Hal Leonard book opus 160 series, Schirmer is the editor.

3. She is kinda testy and needs this stuff soon...like yesterday, as this is festival music and is pulling out the old adage of "I am considering buying all my stuff online cause you guys aren't efficient enough" ploy. Anything you can do to help would be appreciated.

4. I understand you have a mountainous task keeping track of the print around this company...I appreciate your hard work...and your constant struggle to do your best.

I don't know any more concerning this order but appreciate your help.

Jakob

*****

To: Jakob
From: Ysabel
Re: Re: Re: A. Miller order


If this crazy woman needed all this music so soon, perhaps she should have thought to order it SOONER, like, I don't know, maybe anytime besides the f*ing week between Christmas and New Year's when all the publishers are on vacation??!! AAAARGH. It's one of those days, I'm telling you. Also, her refusal to give you any more information about those Burgmuller and Trans-Siberian Orchestra books gives me little sympathy for her situation, considering:

1. I can only find 2 Trans-Siberian Orchestra sheet music books, period. And both of them are Piano/Vocal/Guitar books, not piano solo. In addition, neither of these books contain anything titled "Bell Carol," "Carol of the Bells," "Ukrainian Bell Carol" or any derivation thereof. However, after spending the last 2 f*ing hours this morning trying to figure this little mystery out, I realized that the title she actually means is "Christmas Eve in Sarajevo" which contains the tune from "Carol of the Bells" and this song is contained in one of these books.

2. I swear to God I cannot find any book - Schirmer or not - with both "Burgmuller" and "160" in the title. I can't even find any reference to what his Op. 160 might be and am fully convinced it does not exist. So I'm going to order her 3 copies of Schirmer's "Burgmuller 25 Progressive Studies Op. 100" because this is the one that keeps popping up as his most popular work and it comes with a CD. And if these, along with the 3 Trans-Siberian Orchestra books are not what she wanted, then she can eat my ass because I've wasted enough time trying to mind-read and figure out what this lady needs.

I feel better now. Ranting is therapeutic...but not really. You can assure her that the rest of her order will be arriving promptly.

Ys

*****

To: Ys
From: Jakob
Re: Re: Re: Re: A. Miller order


Bergmuller is Opus 100. Three copies please.
She came and picked up what we had.
Thanks again, your rant is hilarious.
"eat my ass"......ha!

Jakob

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff!!! You go!!! (0; I need to seriously develop the ability to assert and express myself like that! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the joy of working with people looking for books. welcome to my world. i.e. " I'm looking for the book that was on TV the other day. It was about a guy and it was blue" True story.

    ReplyDelete