1.26.2007

There's a first time for everything, I guess.

So I received a music order from a "correctional facility" (or The Slammer as I prefer to call it, because I'm hardcore like that) in a neighboring town today. At first I thought maybe it was just an officer or something ordering it from his workplace. But then I looked more closely at the return address, and it listed an actual cell number. This is what the gentleman ordered:
  • "The Classic Country Book" for easy guitar
  • "The Love Songs Book" for easy guitar
  • "Rock Chords for Guitar"

Ha! Can't you totally picture it? At least he's doing something productive with his rehabilitation period, you know what I'm saying? Crooning some down-home country song about being down on his luck, followed by a soft ballad for his sweet love muffin who's waiting for him back home and then taking out some of his angst and aggression with some good old-fashioned hard rock power chords. Anyway, things clearly are getting more exciting around here...but not really.

In other news: Thank God it's Friday. Five days of eating nothing but cookies, donuts, coffee and diet Coke until 6:30 in the evening when you finally let yourself have your first real meal of the day can be fairly harmful to one's body. I'm assuming. But then again, I do have a stomach of steel, so I wouldn't know the difference really. I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks when I notice a giant donut shaped tumor protruding from my ass.

Also, I have this nagging feeling that today is somebody's birthday. ...January 26th. Yeah, that sounds right. Who is it??!! Anyway, if it's your birthday, then Happy Birthday. And don't be mad at me for forgetting because my subconscious remembered, and that should be good enough.

Oh, and speaking of donuts and coffee ... really?!

1 comment:

  1. hmmm... teaching music in the slammer sounds like it could potentially be a good gig... (0; Maybe I should look into that... I guess it would combine law and music effectively... heh.

    ReplyDelete