2.26.2007

Fiscal hangover.

Ugh, I just vomited out about $1000 (i.e. ALL) of my precious tax refund in a tragic assortment of bills, bills and more bills. There was my Mold Mobile payment and my Mold Mobile insurance, then Cingular, then the utilities, then Comcast, and then, as if that wasn't enough to make me want to curl up into a broke little ball in the corner and rock myself into denial-laced sleep, MY STUDENT LOAN PAYMENTS HAVE JUST STARTED. Bah. Baaaaah, I say! What is more depressing: Seeing the amount of money you borrowed from the government in order to finance an education which, from examining your present state, clearly did not land you the six-figure income of which your lifestyle has grown accustomed to -- at least in the deluded fantasy world in which I live during every moment of my existence? Or looking at the loan terms and realizing that Dear God I'm going to be two thousand years old when I finish paying off my loans!!!

*sigh*

Could be worse, I guess. And, as much as I would have loved to spend that $1000 on roughly 400 cans of Blue Diamond Smokehouse almonds at Target (Mmm...delicious and nutricious smokehouse almonds. Mmm...Target), it was a wise choice for me to pay off all my bills instead. And vomiting out all my precious expendable income in such a depressing - albeit responsible and adult (gah!) - manner is, I've found, comparable to that of vomiting out the evil from your body after a night of too much refreshing beverage-consuming: Sometimes you really have to force yourself to do it, but once it's over, you feel much better.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you know my feelings on vomit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky. I'm going to be at least 3000 before my loans are paid off. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. More money more problems. Sucks being an adult, huh? hehe

    ReplyDelete