5.01.2008

Some stuff.orYeah yeah, I'm updating, leave me alone.

1. New LOST tonight! Woo!

2. So, let's say just, hypothetically, that I had an interview for a certain new job yesterday. And I say hypothetically, of course, because to come into work after lunchtime because you spent the morning interviewing for a potential new place of work would be both unethical and something that I would never do in a non-hypothetical situation. Anyway, if I were to have been at a job interview yesterday morning, then I would say that I thought it went reasonably well and that I, hypothetically of course, presented myself as well and forthcomingly as I could. But that is beside the point. The point is that I made sure to leave my residence in such an early a fashion as to arrive at the downtown offices where the interview was to be held quite a bit earlier than needed. And so I stayed in my car where it was nice and toasty warm and where I could mentally prepare myself for the interview. And then when it was about 15 minutes until the appointment, I got out and started walking down the sidewalk...and promptly realized that I was goddamn ten blocks away from where I was supposed to be AAAAUUGGH why didn't I pay attention to Google maps more clearly AAAAAUUUGGHH??!! So, if you would, kindly imagine the hypothetical vision of me, sprinting down the streets of downtown Seattle, in my black high heels that are unfortunately just a shade too large for my feet resulting in me nearly tripping and falling on my face repeatedly every ten seconds while audibly muttering "Sh*t! Sh***t! SH*****T!!!" much to the amusement of the pack of burly construction workers who had, by this time, stopped to watch the spectacle that was yours truly sprinting for dear life down the sidewalk. Needless to say, I finally found the correct building (thanks to a ginormous heaven-sent billboard that virtually came up and slapped my in the face that said: SEATTLE OPERA ----->>>) and checked in with the receptionist with 2 minutes to spare. I won't even get into the strange looks I received from the receptionist as I nearly had an asthmatic seizure while sitting in the lobby. I'll save that story for another day. Anyway, long story short, it is apparant that I am going up against a very sizable applicant pool, as they will be going through about 2 weeks of interviews. Then they will contact a select few who will go on for a second round of more in-depth meetings with other members of the Opera staff. So, I am hopeful but also prepared for the harsh reality, which is that they may be looking more for a clerical drone and bookkeeper-type rather than an intelligent musician with good organizational skills and administrative experience. So, we'll see.

3. Yeesh, that was a long paragraph!

4. You know how I said in #2 that I decided to stay in my car because it was nice and toasty warm? Today as I showered, I was listening to NPR on the radio (as per the norm...and, yes, I have completely turned into my father thankyouverymuch) and heard that today's weather was forecast to hit a high of 58 degrees, whereupon I exclaimed, "Ooh! Fifty-eight!!" And I wasn't being sarcastic. That, friends, is the gist of life in Seattle.

5. So, when are these economic stimulus tax rebate checks getting sent out? Seriously. Putting gas in my car $20 at a time just isn't cutting it anymore. Especially when that $20 lasts about 1.5 days. Gr.

***UPDATE***

6. I'm so f*ing bored. Somebody save me.

No comments:

Post a Comment