6.16.2008

Hellllp.

Scott called me this morning to tell me that he was just offered the job at the school in Texas. He will be accepting the position (He has to, right?).

Things I know:

1. He will be there a minimum of one year. Possibly more.

2. There are going to be a ridiculous amount of opportunities for me to set up a teaching studio, as well as get playing gigs. This means, of course, that I would be able to make a living just teaching and playing clarinet, which, duh, is what I've been wanting to do since forever.

2a. But in Texas?? Blech.

2b. Everyone he spoke to there said that I would pretty much have a say in how big a teaching studio I have. If I want 20 students, I'll have 20 instantly. If I want 50, I can probably have 50.

2c. There is a new professional wind symphony in the area that Scott would have connections to, meaning I could probably get in fairly easily.

3. Scott and I are not married and I feel increasingly silly following him around the country time and again. But maybe I am over analyzing everything? Ugh.

3a. We have been together for nearly four years and it is not an easy decision either way.

3b. I am not sure I can do a long-distance thing.

4. I plan on going back to graduate school in the next couple of years. Scott knows this.

5. I have never in my entire life ever thought that I would ever live in Texas. Blech.


Things I do not know:

1. How long this job in Texas will end up lasting.

2. Exactly how much I do not belong on Texas. But I am certain that it is a significant amount.

3. Everything else.


Help. Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment