6.28.2008

Let's Think About Something Else Rather Than Having To Make Major Life Decisions, Shall We? Post #1

I would like the universe to know that, thanks to the hippie-dippy influence of Greatest Print Assistant Ever, I had a 12 oz. glass of straight carrot juice and a wheat grass shot the other day. And while I thoroughly enjoyed both (no lie), I was in complete terror of the havoc all that nature-y fibrousness would wreak on my intestinal system. An intestinal system that has been trained for the past twenty-eight (Oh my God, twenty-eight...) years to welcome a consistent diet of double bacon cheeseburgers and curly fries with open arms. 

But I am happy to report that no such extraordinary BM-related events occured as a result. Which is troubling in itself, now that I think about it. My bowels will never cease to surprise me. 

***

Ugh, I can't help it...

Schmoobliebuns comes home (finally finally finally) in less than one week. At this point we will (finally finally finally) be able to sit down face to face and talk about what we are going to do about this whole Texas: To Go or Not To Go? debacle. In short, we do not want to break up. But I still equally think that for me to go and move with him to a place that I do not - with every fiber of my being - want to live* would be both a bad decision and, in the long run, end up being detrimental to our relationship. Because we all know that if I continue on this path, I will wake up tomorrow and be in my mid-thirties, having not gone back to post-graduate school and having not re-claimed the part of myself that was once a very independent and goal-oriented young lady, and who has had nothing on her resume for the last several years except for "Band Director's Cute and Devoted Significant Other" and I frankly am just not ready for that to happen. And I really believe that that is not something that Schmoobliebuns would want to happen either. So the fact of the matter is that Schmoobs and I will have to find a way to keep the both of us happy and still remain together, whether we are temporarily living in different corners of the world or not. And that's that. 

In the meantime, I am going to hang out on the balcony and pet Bela every three seconds lest he make a flying leap for my toes and enjoy the Seattle summer while sipping my Star*ucks Triple Grande Iced Soy 2-pump No-Whip Mocha.



* This place has 91% white people and 1.3% my people. Discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment