9.22.2008

Ugh. Hello.

Yeah yeah yeah. I'm still here. 

1. I finally got a car. FINALLY. 2001 Isuzu Rodeo. Low miles. Bought with cash. No payments. He is no Lucky, but I suspect he will do the job. I've already started to refer to him (in my mind) as "Kablooie." Mainly because he is blue, and because I have been so conditioned by dear Lucky to feel as though the car I am driving may explode at any given moment. 

2. Did you know that it is scientifically proven that it takes everything TEN BILLION TIMES SLOWER to happen around here than anywhere else in the universe?! I am speaking specifically of the fact that I have been trying for the past week and a half to get our cable television situation properly installed and functional and I still find myself sitting on the couch at this moment waiting for the cable guy to show up YET AGAIN because, three f*ing appointments later, our DVR still isn't working. I'm looking at you, AT&T and Dish Network!!! We had an appointment scheduled yesterday to have the cable guy come and fix the blasted DVR, but as we had decided that it would be kosher to step out of the apartment to do a little thing like buy Kablooie, he apparently was unable to actually DO anything since he wasn't able to get inside the apartment despite the fact that we had officially given a Permission to Enter. Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh. And then when I very angrily-but-bitterly-restrained-through-gritted-teeth talked to an AT&T representative on the phone later that day, I was also told that the repairman couldn't do anything because the only problem listed on the work order was that "the DVR is not working" which was not specific enough. Oh really? Ok, let me sum this up for you: It won't record. It won't rewind. It won't fast forward. It won't pause. NONE OF THE DVR FUNCTIONS ARE WORKING WHICH MEANS THAT, YES, AS A WHOLE, THE DVR IS NOT WORKING. IS THAT SPECIFIC ENOUGH FOR YOU?! Ugh.

3. In related news: the f*ing cable guy is supposed to show up, as with every single time, between the hours of 8am and 8pm. He had better err on the side of 8 in the f*ing am because I need to step the hell out and drive Kablooie to Star*ucks before I rupture a cornea out of sheer frustration. 

4. In other news: I think I start teaching on Wednesday! Wheeee! At 7am! GAAAH!

5. The time off from blogging has done nothing but enhance my pleasant and sunny disposition, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment