1.19.2009

Bring me my elbow-patched tweed blazer!

Classes start tomorrow, childrens. I wonder how much time will pass before I make my first vaguely (or blatantly) inappropriate comment in front of a classroom of wildly impressionable young southern freshman Republicans, all due to my upbringing in the fantastical hippie-land of northern California. 

Also: the first class meeting will take place at the exact same moment that President Obama (woooot) is inaugurated into office, and it will take all of my willpower and perhaps some duct tape to restrain me from ripping off my official elbow-patched tweed professor blazer (I wish!) to reveal an Obama 08 t-shirt and skipping up and down the rows of chairs saying "Neener neener neener!" Hehehe. 

In a related note: I wonder how long until this blog gets discovered by student and faculty members and I get stripped of my official elbow-patched tweed professor blazer? Egads (Yeah, I totally say that, like, all the time now.)! 

No, in all quasi-seriousness: I'm totally ready for tomorrow. I've read and re-read and re-note-taken and re-read and Wiki-ed and Googled and re-read one last time, all of the appropriate textbooks, chapters, articles, useless websites, etc. to prepare me to stand up in front of that classroom tomorrow morning and not make a complete ass out of myself. I mean, if somebody stopped me on the street today and told me that they would give me a million dollars if I could,  not only explain the differences between monody, polyphony, monophony and heterophony, but also the course of evolution of each term throughout music history and give clear musical examples...I COULD TOTALLY DO IT *SNAP*.  Also, I woke up this morning with Nuper Rosarum Flores coursing through my brain. 

And that's when I knew it was time to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment