1.14.2012

Wine blogging the Niners game.

Schmoobles is gone doing a region band clinic today and so I am sitting by myself (with the Beebla) in our living room drinking wine and cheering on the Niners. I have been supremely productive this morning (a stark contrast to yesterday, where I didn't shower until 11pm...can you imagine?!?!) and so I took that as a free pass to do nothing else but drink wine and work hard at successfully not passing out until the end of the game.






4:07: Commercial break. Niners touchdown! Does anyone else in this state even care??!! Whatever. The slightly buzzed screaming from our condo has effectively informed our richie rich neighbors that they live next door to a Niner fan. WOOT!

4:08: I wonder when I will take a shower today? Halftime? I also need to let BB out and pee (hopefully poo too) at halftime.

4:09: Something big just happened while I had my head down concentrating hard on typing the word "halftime" correctly. Damnit. Interception? Go Niners!


4:12: OMG. YES! Touchdown #2. Please, sir, may I have another? I feel like the dominance of the Niners in the post-season rests at least partially on my ability to successfully get obliteratingly hammered. Liver: you can do this. You MUST do this.

4:18: Commercial break. I MUST clean the kitchen sink now. One of the more charming effects of increasingly drunk Ys.

4:33: OMG. I already forgot I was doing this. Whoops. Niners still up 17 - 0, Saints on offense. Still working on my second glass. This is when not being 6 feet tall and twice my weight does not come in handy. Trying to keep up!

4:34: Saints touchdown. BOOOOOO!!! I gotta keep my game up, man!!

4:36: Commercial break. Hey, you know what I'm really not looking forward to? Teaching this semester. There. I said it. I am really just over this academia thing. As far as I'm concerned, the biggest plus it offers is the extensive holiday breaks due to the semester break up. But besides that...

4:38: I really don't like when they show footage of the opposing team. Even when we are winning and I REALLY want my team to win. They just look so forlorn. And I get sad. This is why I am a girl and have a uterus I guess. Is that sexist? Reverse sexist?? I don't know. Also why the Olympics are very emotionally taxing to watch. But I love it anyway. Anyway. But I just have to remember that even these losers make more in a season than I will in a decade lifetime that I don't feel bad for them anymore.

4:52: Scheiss in a bucket. 4 minutes left in the half and Saints are within 3. I am slacking and need to pound this glass of cheap wine right quick! Also: FOX just reminded me that the premiere of Alcatraz is this Monday! Woo! I hope it's good. In other news: Have I mentioned that I really want this upcoming semester to go by as fast as the speed of light? Because I do. MOVING ON. That's what I think the theme of this year shoudl be. I hope.

4:56: I gotta pee.

5:13: Kitchen sink is clean. Moving on to the master bath tub and doors. Also moving on bravely to glass number 3. The Saints are too close for comfort. 24 seconds left. I think we are hoping to get close enough for a field goal. If I were an alcoholic, though, I think I could get us a third touchdown. C'mon!!!

5:15: Scheiss. Turnover. Do I need to bring out the tequila??

5:20: Haltime. Do I really think I am going to jump in the shower right now? I wish. I really should walk BB though. But that would entail putting a brassiere on.

5:25: Screw the shower. Off to take BB for a potty break. And if you think I have too much pride and vanity to just throw a hoodie and sweats over my nightgown, then...YOU ARE WRONG.

5:39: BB pooped. Three healthy sized solid turds. Success! I will take this as a sign that the Niners will dominate the second half. Perhaps scoring three solid touchdowns.

5:48: Water break. I really need to get back in the game. Deep breaths...

5:52: My stomach is catching up with me. What a lightweight! But I persevere! Since when have I let three glasses of wine defeat me? Since all the time, that's when. But whatever. GO NINERS!

5:53: Commercial break. So I've been looking at car listings lately. As if I actually had the option of upgrading my 1997 Toyota Corolla anytime soon. HAHAHAHAHA. But...what if I did? It would be nice to drive in to work every morning without the distinct underlying terror that my car would dismantle itself instantaneously upon driving over a pothole on I-30, right? I'm just looking at cars under $5000 $4000. But even then. I would be stretching it. Yaaaay higher education. Harumph.

6:03: DE-FENSE!  D-FENSE!! D-FENCE!!!!

6:04: Or do I wait out this one final (hopefully) semester and then sell the Toyota to put towards moving costs towards moving babck West (PLEAAAASE!!!) and then just use the salary from my magical high-paying non-music-education job towards buying a used 2005 Mazda3 like has been my (rather practical) dream for the last few years?! This is a better idea, right?

6:09: You know what would be really giod and delicious and helpful right now? Bacon. Happy bacon, of course. And crackers. Something to sop up this booze. This winner booze.

6:10: NINER INJURY. Ruh roh. Walk it off, Ginn! You got this.

6:12: You know what I got? A pot of lentil soup cooking away in the slow cooker. It smells DIVINE. Just the thing to feast on when celebrating a Niners win tonight. Or tomorrow since Schmoobs will probably want to go next door to have dinner and drinks (oy) when he gets home. Lentils, a chicken leg, onions, garlic, bay leaves, celery, potato, carrots. If I'm not passed out by then, I may add some kale and garbanzo beans later. Can't go wrong, right? Just like the Niners.

6:19: Hard-boiled egg break. Will this help absorb any liquor from my stomach? I sure hope so. Anyway, I am THE WORST at making hard-boiled eggs. Schmoobs had to go to bed early the other night to get up and go to a faculty meeting (BARF) so I was awesome and decided to boil some eggs at 1:30am to make him a breakfast "bento" box for his drive in to work. The highlight is always a hard-boiled egg or two, but it also usually includes some toast with peanut butter and honey and some assorted fruits and veggies. But my eggs always come out soft-boiled (which he is not a fan of...weird) or the shells stick to the egg so bad that I get a gruesome deformed pockmarked egg. Both of which happened that time. But this time (just now), my batch of hard-boiled eggs came out perfectly. It was delicious. I feel super sober already. I'm going to take this as a sign that the Niners will win dominate the fourth half.

6:36: Field goal good. Niners up by 6. I really want to take a shower. But I feel that the success and eventual victory of the Niners rests on my remaining slightly buzzed and completely filthy.

6:51: OMG. I can do one more glass.

6:53: TOUCHDOWN!!!!! I am sober. I am sober. I am sober. If I repeat this enough times, it will be true.

6:59: Let's go Niners! Two more minutes!! Hold off those Taints! Hehehe. Taints. I'm clever.

7:16: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

7:18: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

7:19: TIME TO SHOWERRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment