5.26.2005

Agave Azul: Two thumbs up!

First of all, Happy Birthday to my older brother Carlo!!! Where's my wireless router, yo? Hope you're having fun in San Jose.

My 25th birthday was good times, my friends. I had lunch with my good buddy Ben at Mangia in Farragut by Super Target (Yay! Super Target!!). Had a nice little chat with my former clarinet teacher, Gary, who had too good a time informing me that I was now a "quarter-of-a-century old." GAAAH!!! I said, "Next thing, it'll be social security and retirement!" Haha.

Anyway, the official celebration was during dinner. Agave Azul on Kingston Pike ROCKS!!! The food is good, the prices are low and, most important of all, their margaritas are the size of my head! I was joined by Scott, Ben, Jim, Matt, Taylor, and Aaron & Karen (who very kindly gave me a box of chocolates and a birthday card. Aaron: you're cool, but I can't for the life of me comprehend your penmanship...) At the end of dinner, Scott ordered me the "Birthday Package" from the menu which included a "dessert, instant picture and birthday song." Sounds delightful and harmless, right? Well, as the waiters came out banging an assortment of pots and pans, I was given an order of flan with a big dollop of whipped cream. As they finished singing "Happy Birthday" to me, one waiter took a huge spoonful of whipped cream and smeared it all over my face! Before long, it escalated into a whipped cream battle between me and Scott and, with the remainder of my precious birthday flan ending up on my lap, one of the waiters took a picture. Awesome.

After Agave, we headed to OCI (with a brief detour in between...wink wink, nudge nudge) and met up with Tim & Kathleen, April and Elizabeth. Incidentally: Happy Birthday to Elizabeth today as well! We were served by an incompetent bartender who insisted on kicking us out of the place before midnight by telling us, "It's Miller Time." Come again? Whatever. So that's the story of my 25th birthday. Fairly low key, but enjoyable nonetheless. By the way, to my older sister Kristina: I didn't even have a hangover this morning, so there! I'm a champion!!

1 comment: