4.27.2009

Hm. I really thought I would have updated by now.

But no. However, seeing as how statewide TAKS testing has rendered me virtually unemployed this week,* chances are high that I may actually set my butt down and churn out the mother of all updates (well, maybe not as massive as this one) once and for all.


* I thought the horrid practice of standardized testing was only supposed to harm our youth, not adults (I use that term loosely) as well.

*****

ETA:

Also, I came upon the realization this last week that, at some point between the beginning of college and my late-twenties (ACK.), I lost the ability to touch my toes and do pull-ups (At different times. Not simultaneously. That would be impressive, though.). This is especially disheartening since I was the girl in elementary school and junior high who was always picked first (woo) in team sports during PE and kicked all the boys' collective asses during Presidential Physical Fitness testing. Unfortunately, I decided to become a musician as an adult and my body gradually turned into a bucket of flab. So I have decided to remedy the situation and have been exercising daily for the past 3 days. Go me. Only some stretching and a bit of cardio, and then some isolated ab and ass work (we women have our priorities) so far, but it's better than sitting on the couch watching Food Network and eating potato chips. Right? Ugh. Anyway, here's to hoping I keep it up. Someday, when it isn't thunderstorming like a mofo outside, I can start swimming laps in our pool. Wootie woot.

*****

ps. Does this Swine Flu business mean I have to abstain from bacon consumption? It doesn't, right? Because bacon is totally worth the fifty extra ab crunches a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment