6.08.2009

ACK.

You guys. 250 campers. In one building. Brrraaaaauuaauuauauaughghghgh

That's all I've got for now.

Oh, except for this: THE HOUSING PEOPLE DID NOT SEPARATE ANY OF THE FLOORS BY GENDER LIKE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO. So we start camp check-ins thinking everything is going smoothly and then find out hours later that parents are upset because their children under the age of eighteen are assigned to next-door suites and sharing bathrooms with the opposite sex. NOT GOOD. Luckily, things seemed to get settled around 11:30pm. 

Oh, but guess what happened at midnight? A F*CKING SMOKE DETECTOR WENT OFF AND THE POLICE HAD TO COME AND AN ENTIRE 12-STORY DORMITORY BUILDING HOUSING A LARGE NUMBER YOUTHS (*shudder*) HAD TO EVACUATE. Mm hm. That was fun.

I have not the strength to type any more than that right now. Maybe tomorrow. At which point I'll be sure to tell you the story of how I very nearly made quite the inappropriate physical gesture. At the meeting when I was formally introduced as the Dorm Mom. In front of nearly 300 students, parents and clinicians. Ha!

Seriously. Is this really only the second day?!?! BLARGH.

*****

Oh but wait. Just because I need to think about something else besides inordinate numbers of prepubescents: Check out this pic I took right before I left (because I knew I would need pictures of our cute animals to calm my frazzled nerves this week!!):



BB & BELA: THE VANITY FAIR COVER

(click on the picture to see Bela's masterful Zoolander model pose in all it's glory)




.....OMIGOD I can't get over how much I love this picture. Aaaaaa!! *poof! heart explodes*

No comments:

Post a Comment