7.01.2009

Hello? Anyone still out there?

I'm in California now. Teachin' me some clarimahnets. Eatin' my sister and her family out of house and home. Visitin' my beautiful Alma Mater in 109-degree heat to watch my Schmooblebottoms' drum corps perform one day and then picnickin' and dim summin' in the City by the Bay in arctic 60-degree chill the next. 

Anyway. Aside from missing The President of the Finer Things Club and Schmooblebottoms, life is good. BB is sitting next to me as I update this blog at 2 in the morning, which is nice considering during normal waking hours, BB spends her time evading the vicious (not really) whackings from my sister's dog Xander who, I am not entirely convinced is not part wolf:



Don't worry. No BBs were harmed in the making of this photo.

In other news: Obviously I survived the three-week intensive Dorm Mom assignment. Also known as Operation: Remind Me Never To Have Children Ever Ever Ever. Hahaha. Oh hey, here's something cool: We were abruptly moved to a different housing site for the third week with no warning. You know why (I found out after the fact)? Because they found out the first building - you know, the magical place where we had 3 fire alarms go off IN ONE NIGHT? - had a f*ing nest of snakes in one of the vents. 

So, in hindsight, the occasional cockroach in the second building didn't seem so bad. Although that didn't stop me from having a PTS nightmare the night after camps were over that I was back in the dorms and  giant cockroach was sitting in front of me doing sit-ups and taunting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment