7.29.2009

Those pics of the topless men too much for ya?

Randoms:

1. Everyone and their mother - and most recently, my sister - all rave about how awesome Mad Men is. So I looked on the interwebz and it's totally possible to view all the past seasons online for free. Chances are I'm going to start watching every episode from the very beginning...starting right after I finish this post. I wonder if I'll still be up when the sun rises watching that show. 



2. So this small little Chinese food restaurant that's been thriving in my hometown since before I can remember has an awesome Chinese (duh) Chicken Salad. It's ridiculously simple - just lettuce, chicken, fried wontons and dressing - but it's so goddamn delicious. I usually buy some whenever I come home to visit. The thing that makes it so good is the dressing. It's so light, but loaded - and I mean LOADED - with chopped pieces of sushi ginger (or "gari" as it is properly known thankyouWikipedia). I am going to attempt to recreate this dressing - well, the whole salad really - I've decided. I wonder what a dressing of rice wine vinegar, sugar and gari would taste like? 



3. My siblings, my sister's family and my mother are going to Lake Tahoe for the weekend. It will be good times all around. The only SAAAD part is that the house we're renting doesn't allow pets and so I had to leave my dear sweet puppy at my parents' house while I came back to Sacramento to finish teaching lessons, so that my dad could watch her over the weekend. OH MY GOD I MISS BB AAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUGH. Apparently she kept going into my room at my parents' house yesterday looking for me. And when I heard that story my heart imploded with almost enough force to tele-transport me back to my parents' house. Ugh, I wish! Then I could pick her up and snorgle her warm belly and buy her an inordinate amount of treats at Target then swallow her whole she is SO EFFING CUTE. 



4. Wait, did I mention how much I miss my puppy??? Look at her. So sweet...even when she is ruthlessly taking over all of my pillows.





5. Ok last one, I promise.  *deep breath* AAAAH! I MISS BB!!!!!



Come on. Seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment