4.19.2006

Death by construction worker

There's nothing to make my workday complete quite as much as walking through downtown Knoxville while running an office errand and being randomly screamed at by your usual run-of-the-mill crazy person (who, evidenced by the hard hat he was wearing, might have been a slightly deranged and oppressed construction worker, but you never know...) for no apparent reason. Something about me turning my nose up at him or some such nonsense. And it lasted a good long 15-20 seconds, no less! Quite impressive, I'd have to say. It took all I had inside me to not turn around and give him the finger, but my better judgement convinced me that it would be very unglamorous, indeed, to have one's death be by a non-showered crazy person wearing a hard hat. Unacceptable.


* Note to any assorted crazies or mentals who might decide to accost me on the sidewalk in the future:

If I do not look you adoringly as I pass you on the sidewalk and inquire as to how your day is going, it is not because I do not value you as a person. Nor do I think you are somehow inferior to me in any way (unless you are a certain head of one previously mentioned local PR firm). I am merely concentrating on not getting one of my fabulous stilleto heels stuck in one of many precarious sidewalk grates that impede my path as I make my planned detour into Star*ucks to get a deliciously refreshing iced coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment