4.16.2006

Only fellow UOP grads will appreciate this...

Long Lost College Days:

University of the Pacific, Conservatory of Music



When you first attended, where did you live?
Grace Covell Hall, 1st floor. Same wing occupied by the entire Phi Delta fraternity. Where you would alternately wake up to a live chicken in the bathroom or every single sink filled with vomit. Worst. Nightmare. Ever.

Who was/were your roommate?
One of my best friends in high school, Julia (Jooooooolia).

Do you still talk to them?
Just last night! For 2 hours. Otherwise, we like to play year-long games of phonetag.

Ever get in trouble in the dorms?
No. I was too busy changing my major for the trillionth time.

Something you remember when you lived on campus?
My neighbor in Southwest Hall sophomore year who spent so much time working his arms at the gym that he looked like he was constantly on the verge of exploding out of his muscle shirts. We called him Splode.

Your campus phone number or other number?
I can't even remember my old cell phone number from 6 months ago.

First party attended?
Oh my God. It had to have been at the Den of Sin. Not that I went to those parties very often.

Favorite Pizza Place?
The disgusting greasy goodness of the personal pizzas at the Scummit. Mmmm....

Favorite place to go out to eat?
Sho Mi, Ghetto Jack in the Box (or any other fast food joint) with Dev and Sarah at 2 in the morning, Pacific Marketplace (until I started working there and got in a shouting match with my boss in the kitchen in front of some Conservatory faculty...)

Did you go to the library?
I think my being a double major in Music History pretty much guaranteed that I lived in the Music Library during my entire senior year as I finished up that damned final paper -- But, oooh, what a masterful work of art that paper was at the end...

What was your Favorite Floor you'd always be on?
506 W. Stadium Drive, 2nd floor, baby!!!

Club, Athletics, Frat or Sororities, you joined?
Ummm...none, none, none and none. Wait, does Midnight Capture the Flag and Enemy/Protector count as athletics?

Who made the best wings?
Eh, KFC?

Ever attend a sporting event?
I was in Pep Band for roughly 10 seconds. I should have gone to more basketball games and water polo matches... What was I thinking?

Ever attend a concert or comedic performance?
Um, yes. Concerts. Plenty. And I worked stage crew when David Sedaris came and did a reading. I peed my pants. Repeatedly.

Did you move off campus, when and where?
Junior Year. Off campus being just across the street from the Conservatory where you could roll out of bed at 7:58am and still be on time for Nemeth's 8am Music History class. Good times.

Who were your first off-campus roommates?
No roommates after sophomore year! Woot. Although Dev, Sarah, Erin and I pretty much lived in each other's apartments.

Do you still talk to them?
Yes, yes, yes and yes. I keep real friends.

Favorite night to go out on and where did you go?
There's not so much "going out" to do in Stockton. Somebody was always having some kind of to-do at their apartment, however.

Where did you get coffee?
Star*ucks. My passion runs deep.

Favorite Year of Halloween?
Did I ever dress up on Halloween at UOP? I don't remember...

Go see a play or been in one?
Again, I don't remember...

Did you ever have a job at school?
Blockbuster Video for 4.2 seconds. Then Pacific Marketplace (uuuugggghhh...). Then Pier1 Imports (free candles!!). Oh, and Stage Crew for a couple years.

What did you hate about your college?
Two words: Hammer. Waldvogel.

What did you love most about it?
The people. Mainly the ones I still talk to. And the fabulousness of our apartments during the last two years. And the Graduation Party.

Ever leave to go on a road trip, where?
A couple of us went to Jason's cabin in Angel's Camp once. Dev almost killed us when she made us snowboard down a gigantic mountain.

Where would you believe is the best location to live in/ at your campus?
W. Stadium apartments. For sure.

Graduated or still attending?
Graduated

Year of graduation?
2002

Will you go back?
Probably, for a reunion. Not for any other reason, though. Been there, done that.

How many parking tickets have you gotten there?
Not NEARLY as much as I've gotten at UT. There's not much driving to be done when you live 10 feet away from your school. Damn, I miss that.

Finally, ever gotten arrested?
Noooo...

2 comments:

  1. 506 West Stadium was the best building ever! I think that's still my favorite apartment, even though the bedrooms were kind of retarded (what with the three closets).

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I just peed myself reading about Splode. I had TOTALLY forgotten about that!! So hilarious. And yeah, those were pretty much the best apartements ever. I miss our Charlie's Angels days!

    ReplyDelete