8.08.2006

West Siiiide!!!

Oh my God!

We're here! We survived! The weather is AWESOME!! Seattle rocks!

Unfortunately, we don't have internet in the apartment yet, so I'm seeking solitude at the nearest Star*ucks to get on the precious internet for the first time since leaving Knoxville. Anyway, I don't have much time to spend recapping the hijinks of the last week on the road, but I promise to do just so as soon as our cable and internet is set up at home. Unless I become so distracted by having cable television again that I forget about you all and this neglected blog and choose to watch 10 straight hours of the Food Network instead. We'll see.

One highlight you can look forward to reading about: "Hey Scott, remember on our fourth day of driving when we drove for over 13 hours to get from Casper, Wyoming through all of Montana, and Idaho and then finally Washington and then when we finally stopped just outside of Spokane we couldn't find a hotel with any vacancies anywhere and ended up driving over 100 miles more past Spokane because the towns (if you can even call them that...do 2 gas stations, 3 crummy hotels - none of which has any vacancies - and a Denny's count as a town?) are 40 miles apart and then before we knew it, we had been driving for 16 hours and I got a f*cking flat tire at f*cking four o'clock in the morning and you had to change my tire on the side of I-90 in the middle of godforsaken nowhere in the pitch black of night and then after we got back on the road for about 10 seconds, we found that my f*cking spare tire was flat too, and then we had to get your truck out of the U-Haul trailer so that we could put my poor VW Golf on there instead and I could drive your truck to the next town, which as it ended up, was about 50 yards from where we were, and then I paid over $100 to get a hotel room that we would only occupy for about 5 hours, but neither of us cared anymore because we just wanted to get the hell off the road and into a horizontal position for a few precious hours, and when we finally got into the hotel room, Bela ran out of the room like 3 times because at that point, even he hated even the sight of the both of us and couldn't even stand to be in yet another hotel room with these two worthless human beings?? Remember that? Hahahaha. What memories!!"

2 comments:

  1. Yay for making it safely!! Glad it's awesome there! (0: Sounds like the trip was memorable... but hey, you made it!

    ReplyDelete