9.21.2006

Light at the end of the tunnel: Part Duh

Oy, the interviews...

Ok, no job yet, but at least the interviews are abundant. I interviewed for the House Manager position at UW last Friday. I rocked the house, of course (how could I not, what with my overwhelming fabulousness and all...), but was swiftly rejected three days later. Ah, such is life. More specifically: Aaah, such is life when you're a 26-year old struggling musician. Anyway, I am obviously disappointed, bitter, etc etc etc (not really) that I didn't get it, but I have since equally promptly gotten over it (via a few handfuls of mint creme oreo cookies...mmm) and now have my sights on two other possible job opportunities. I've had two interviews at Mills Music, the last one of which was this morning with the president of the company and at which I was told that I would probably be considered for a management position, and have a third interview this Friday. And then I have an interview for the Director of Education position with the Bellevue Philharmonic tomorrow morning.

Going on all these interviews has definitely given me confidence in myself as an interviewee. If not for any reason but that my interviewer at my first Mills Music interview proposed marriage to me during the interview. Hahaha...true story. Anyway, tomorrow's interview should be interesting, and I say this only because I spoke to the Executive Director of the Bellevue Phil yesterday to schedule our interview, and he sounds just like Milton from Office Space. Should be a fun chat.

***

In other news: part of the reason for my extended absence this past week is that Scott's entire family and -- more importantly (horrifyingly?) -- 4 of his college fraternity buddies came to visit this past weekend. His family stayed in a hotel, but the boys all crashed at our apartment. All in all, I guess it was a fun few days...yeah.... Oh, what the hell am I saying? Did you hear me say that there were 5 recovering frat boys staying under the same roof as me? Oy. Vey. Let's just say that the rental of a heavy-duty carpet cleaner was required to clean up a giant brown stain on the living room carpet. And I no longer have to curl up in a fetal position in my closet while slowly rocking myself to blissful sleep every night.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, interviews! Good that you are getting them? I have been looking high and low for another job. I only applied to like 10 companies the past 6 months because I don't want to settle for just anything this time.

    Good luck, Miss Future Manager! =D

    You can be like Michael Scott and Lumbergh! Or both!

    Btw, I bought TWO Dwight Schrute bobbleheads from NBC.com!!!

    ReplyDelete