9.07.2006

Light at the end of the tunnel: Part I

So I have a job interview with the folks at Mills Music next week. Yaaayyy!......?? Like I said, the whole sales/retail thing is not my bag. At all. We've discussed this before. Not sure yet when the interview will be exactly, but I am just thankful that somebody anybody has responded to ONE of my job inquiries. One for, what, like fifty isn't too bad for a batting average, right? Ha. And he even complimented me on my fab moniker: "Hi Ysabel. Beautiful name, by the way..."

Anyway, we'll see what happens. If I don't get an email response from the lady at the UW concert hall soon, I'm going to have to turn my stalking up a notch and give her a little ringy dingy.

***

And in a completely unrelated note, if you haven't noticed already by the website links towards the left, I'm totally addicted to online trashy celebrity slag. The thing that's gotten the most attention lately is the release of pictures of Suri "my dad is psychotic and my mom has been brainwashed" Cruise:


Look, I am the first to admit that all this celebrity attention is ridiculous and, often times, very mean-spirited. I read this stuff mainly because I am unemployed (but not for long...?) and use all this ridiculous celeb gossip to inject some excitement and hilarity into my otherwise blah-ish day-to-day activities. And I will maintain, as one who has never been a fan thankyouverymuch, that Tom Cruise is (or at least seems to be) completely off his rocker who has scored himself a beautiful blushing brainwashed bride. But I do have to disagree with all the stupid celeb gossip bloggers out there and say that I think Suri is a really cute baby! And I'm not just saying that because I had hair like that when I was a baby. I think. She's not as cute as my two nieces, of course. But she's very cute. Oh, and by the way, I for one do not think she looks Asian at all! Why do people keep saying that??

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I will admit that I read celebrity gossip. Have you seen http://www.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt? hahaha! Check it out.

    Suri looks like Katie. She has the droopy puppy eyes and weird nose/mouth. I've never seen a baby like her before. Very distinct features. Nice hair. haha.

    ReplyDelete