10.28.2006

Ysabel apologizes for not blogging enough lately.

"Wow, I haven't updated this blog in a while."

"I've been so busy lately."

"I promise I'll update more from now on."

"[Insert standard overdue blog update remark of choice here.]"

...Anyway, as you may or may not have already surmised, this new job of mine has been taking up quite a bit of my time. This is definitely the most involved, hectic and pressure-filled job I've had (non-performing-wise, that is), which is good since I can actually say that I'm very rarely bored at work. Unfortunately, this also means that I am left with hardly any time to do any entertainingly angst-ridden work-related blogging. Poopy. This past week, which was my first full week by myself as the official Print Buyer for Mills, I've been scrambling around like a crazed hellion trying to re-organize the department to more of my liking, tie up all the loose ends left by my predecessor and clean up my workspace (i.e. making it look cute and faaabulous) while keeping up with all the day to day tasks of managing the print departments for eleven different music stores. Agh. Is the second week too early to ask your boss for 1) an assistant, and 2) a raise? Hahaha.

***

Also: I was driving home the other day talking to Ben on the phone telling him how one of the store managers started calling me "Elise" for no reason. And how I'm too much of a pansy-arse to just utter these simple words: "My name's actually Ysabel." And how to avoid such confrontation, I should just start referring to myself in the third person around said store manager. Like: "Ysabel could really use a coffee break right now." Or "Ysabel needs to make a phone call." And how, while I'm doing that, I should just adopt Elise as my evil alter-ego: "Elise is angry." Or, more likely: "Elise huuuuungry!!" Or "Elise is stressed out. Elise is going to ram her head repeatedly against her keyboard until 6 o'clock rolls around and she can go home."

Tambien: Grande soy no-whip latte with one pump each of White Mocha, Raspberry and Toffee Nut syrup. Trust me.

Auch: Scott and I saw The Departed the other night. Wait, it was last weekend. It just feels like the other night because I've been busy being a raving lunatic all week. Anyway, it was really good. I don't typically enjoy Martin Scorsese movies, mainly because I've seen all of two - maybe three - in my life, but I highly recommend this one. Lots of cursing, lots of killing (of course) and a bit on the lengthy side, but quite engrossing as well.

Aussi: I got offered a gig for my first time in Seattle the other day! How exciting. Unfortunately, I had to turn it down because it was a sub-in gig for a Dixieland band (sounds fun) which required me to have the ability to know my blues scales (which I don't) and improvise (which I can't). So too bad. But it's a start. Jazz-ish, Dixieland band gigs are all well and good, but what's a stuffy old boring classically-trained player to do? Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment