12.05.2008

I'm looking at you, Reader from Plano.

Look over to the left on my sidebar. You will please notice that I added a little feature there for people to out themselves as someone who reads my blahg. See that thing over there right underneath the picture of me playing the clarinet? With the blue letters that say "Follow This Blog". Yeah, that.  Click on it and add yourself. Because, frankly, when I am not busy stabbing shards of clarinet reed repeatedly into my eyeballs in order to escape from the nightmare of teaching the same basic rhythm (I'm talking half notes, people. Half notes and quarter notes.) and key signature over and over and over AND OVER again for hours on end - you can usually find me at home, chugging sipping a cup of coffee and wondering who in the world is reading this thing. I know my family does. I know some of my friends from California, Tennessee and Seattle do. I've even got some virtual friends who read from across an entire expanse of ocean! But, goddamnit, there's somebody who lives in Plano and reads my lame nonsensical random musings on a regular basis and I want to know who you are!!

I know, not bloody likely. But it's worth a shot, anyway. Um, because if you, Reader from Plano, happen to be the parent of one of the truly joyful cherubs who I teach clarinet lessons to on a weekly basis, then please believe me when I say that the quality of topics (namely: poop and farts) that I choose to write about have nothing to do with the quality of teaching that your blessed angel receives! I promise! *nervous laughter* And feel free to ignore that part above about me taking pieces of reed and jabbing it into my eye. Or the post before where I wrote about picking up a middle school child and throwing them across the room. I tooootally didn't mean that... (psst, you guys, yes I did). 

Anyway, go add yourselves to my reader list - even if you're not my Mystery Reader from Plano. I mean, geeeez, my own eff-ing cat and dog did it -- and do you know how hard it is to work the touchpad on this laptop with a tiny furry paw?? It will give me ever so much joy. Almost as much as a Star*ucks grande soy latte with one pump each of white mocha, toffee nut and raspberry. I've written about this drink before, and something tells me you haven't tried it yet. Loser. Go do it. Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment