2.11.2009

* POP *

Ouch, my bubble just burst.

Hey, guess how much an adjunct professor earns? I believe the exact number is DIDDLY SQUAT. Or PURE SH*T, to be precise. Ugh. I haven't gotten paid yet or anything (I seriously think my tombstone will read "Still waiting for her paycheck.") but I did receive the official contract in the mail. At first I saw the salary figure printed and assumed it was the monthly amount. And then I did cartwheels and backflips. Ok, not really because I was in my car, opening the day's mail. But then later on that day, I went home - after the dust had settled and the paranoia and "too good to be true" feelings started gnawing - and did some researching on the average adjunct professorship salary and, yeah, that number was totally FOR THE WHOLE SEMESTER. Ugh, just typing the words out makes me want to vomit my cold blackened heart onto my clammy hands and chuck it out over the balcony. 

Blaaaargh. What an effing c*ck t**s* (those asterisks save me from eternal damnation in hell!). I'm totally going to win the lottery this weekend and give a big F.U. to our education system for rewarding years and years of devotion to music and education with a trillion dollars in student loans and the opportunity to work your butt off only to earn Monopoly money. Hooray! See, I'm not bitter or anything!


In happier news: LOST!!! LOST LOST LOSTLOSTLOSTLOSTLOSTLOOOOOOOST!!! It needs to be next Wednesday like, NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment