8.11.2009

Oopsie daisies.

Went and had a tremendously lovely lunch with my former clarinet teacher at my undergraduate alma mater yesterday. As we took a stroll across campus to check out the fancy new student center we ran into an older gentleman who stopped my  former teacher to chat, at which point she introduced me to him as one of her former students. As I reached out to shake his hand, he said, "Oh, of course. I remember you!" And then I instantly raised my left eyebrow and gave him a confused and doubting look because I was sure that he was just a crazy old coot whom I had never met me before. 

At which point he leaned in towards me as he shook my hand and said, "Stephen Anderson.....former Dean of the Conservatory of Music."

As in MY former Dean. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment