8.06.2011

I'm going to have to start tracking these little guys.

You know what I was thinking to myself last night? I was thinking, "How awesome would it be if I got to do another impromptu baby lizard rescue? At 2am! In the bathtub! After I've already disrobed all my skivvies to take a shower before bed!!"

Ugh.

This time, it went a little bit faster since I still had residual confidence from my last reptilian rescue, thank Jeebus. Can you imagine if I didn't? The neighbors would have called the police from hearing me scream bloody murder in the middle of the night. And then I would have had to explain that I got freaked out by a little inch-and-a-half long baby animal that just lost his way from the lake twenty paces outside and wanted to hang out somewhere cool and wet (sink and tub). But those things move at the speed of light, man! They're always just half a second away from leaping onto your face. That's what I feel like anyway...

So it took only about half an hour of talking to myself, then talking to the lizard - I named him Vito last night because I had just finished watching "Jersey Shore" (.....) when I went to take a shower - then jumping in and out of the tub while squealing, then cursing at Vito for being so stubborn and not just jumping into the tupperware I kept offering. Then success! This time, as it clearly was not daylight, I just ran out to the front door and deposited him to the great outdoors. I trust he has found the lake by now. Be well, Vito! And don't come back.

Meanwhile - No word yet from the university if I am DEFINITELY or DEFINITELY NOT going to be teaching there again this coming year. Seeing as how classes begin in just about three weeks, it sure would be nice if they could figure it the hell out and let me know.

But in the meantime, I am continuing to do my internet assessing job for Oogly Googly and writing for Suite101. Kind of. I mean, it's been over a week since my last article, but I've got my next one almost ready to publish, I promise. Motivation constipation is a botch.

And a couple of days ago I sent in an application to be a freelancer for a corporate transcription company (Yes! More work from home! Less gas guzzling and human interaction!). Since I have almost zero (I did verrry little when I worked for the KSO) transcription experience, I was surprised when I got invited to take their test, which I did yesterday. We'll see how that pans out. I'm thinking the fact that it took me over an hour to transcribe a 10-minute audio clip does not bode well... Stupid British fast-talking interview lady! E-nun-ci-ate, damnit! Also, do you know how often we speak with horrifically piss-poor grammar and mile-long run-on sentences when conversing in real life? ALL. THE. TIME. But I now know more about reinsurance corporations and the role of a pricing actuary than I ever cared to!

No comments:

Post a Comment