8.17.2011

Schmoobs is back. And I am instantly reminded of how much I hate having the toilet lid left up.


Last night, after Schmoobs came home from work, he did the standard stripping-of-clothes (and the standard leaving-of-clothes scattered on the floor HARUMPH) and I noticed that he was wearing a pair of boxers that I had not seen before. I cocked my eyebrow and bent down for a closer look to see the design. It was hundreds of little cartoon snowmen holding up signs that said, "Stop Global Warming!" Hahaha. Funny enough, right? And then he said to me, "Oh yeah. So I had one of the members do my laundry for me and these shorts somehow ended up with my clothes."



So, to be clear. The nerd corps gets a "laundry day", what, once every two weeks? Or maybe three or four? I don't even know. And, in the past, Schmoobles has liked to pay one of the students a moderate amount to do his laundry for him so he doesn't have to. Okay, nothing wrong with that. Kind of. At least the kid makes some money. But why would you keep an article of clothing that wasn't yours instead of trying to return it to the original owner? I mean. A pair of underwear, no less?! And if you couldn't find the right owner...why would you wear it??



Later that night, on the couch:



Ys: "I still can't believe you're choosing to wear some stranger's used underwear."

Schmoobs: "What? It was from the laundry..."

Ys: "What if there were...skid marks in there...that you didn't see..."

Schmoobs: "No, it was cleaned. I checked."

Ys: "But it's still some stranger's underwear..."

Schmoobs: "...Yeah, but it's mine now."



Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment