8.19.2011

More Conversations with Schmoobles.


Last night shortly before retiring to the sleeping-ish room (sleeping-"ish" because somehow, even when changing to a gigantic King-size blanket, I always end up waking up eleventeen times in the middle of the night because I have been left with about six inches of blanket to cover my body), we were watching Project Runway on the television.



A commercial for the "Ahh Bra" came on, exclaiming that some women "PAY AS MUCH AS $100!" for one bra (Not me. Ever. Target FTW.).



Schmoobs: "What? $100? Really??"

Ys: "Oh geez. Maybe if you went to one of those really fancy special boutiques... But, yeah, a bra at Victoria's Secret will probably be like $40 or $50."

Schmoobs: "Just to hold your boobies up?!"



***



Oh, and I finalllllly got confirmation yesterday that I will be teaching at the university this Fall. Not as much as last year, since the music department was only budget-approved to hire me to teach one section each of Theory and Ear Training...but at least I've got rent covered. In the meantime, to cover other expenses besides rent, I've started content-writing for another website. Nothing music-related whatsoever, which is actually kind of nice since I feel no pressure to make the articles extraordinarily profound. And they're only 200 - 300 words per article. Nice. Some highlights of my writing assignments include "How to Separate Used Motor Oil," "How Is a Flexible Sigmoidoscopy Performed?" and "Undergraduate Scholarships for Developing African Countries." I told Schmoobs that I am going to turn into Cliff Clavin because of this job. I like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment