10.24.2012

Good things that happened yesterday!

1. I got my Monthly Confirmation That I Am Indeed Without Child with minimal PMS-ing. Huzzah! I mean, I think it was minimal PMS-ing. How many times did I fantasize about punching poor Schmooblebottoms in the last week? Not that many, I think, so that's a good indicator. I'm sorry for ever visualizing my fist hitting your shoulder or face, dear Schmoobins! I loaf you lots and lots! But, you know...hormones and stuff.

2. Best of all: Bela's massive back lump is not cancerous! Yay yay yay! I got the phone call we were anxiously awaiting while driving home from teaching my afternoon class yesterday.

The vet was like, "Can you talk?"

And I was like, "Oh God Oh God Oh God that doesn't sound good..." - in my head.

But then in real life, I was like, "Well, I'm driving, but I can talk to you."

And then she was all, "Well, you can call me later and we can talk then if you want."

And I was like, "No no no. I want to know now."

And then she goes, "Okay. We received the lab results from Bela's biopsy..."

And my heart went up to the roof of my mouth and my voice went up three octaves as I was like, "...uh huuuuh..."

And she was like, "...and they didn't find any evidence of any cancer."

And then I was totally all, "YAAAAAAYYYY! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I'M SO GLAAAAAAD!"

(I hate to break it to you, but this is totally how Ph.D. students talk. At least this one.)

Anyway, then she proceeded to tell me what it actually probably is and it involved long medical terms that have multiple occurences of the letter "x" and probably ending with "-ia" and involved white blood cells and a possible injury that happened to him over the summer. Something something. Long story short, we are still bringing him in to have the lump removed next Tuesday for precaution and assurance, especially considering Bela's distinguished age. But it's not cancerous! Hooray! Thank you to all of you that sent our President of the Finer Things Club good juju, happy thoughts and prayers, etc.

In the meantime, I have one more presentation/class discussion to attend to for my jazz theory seminar tomorrow and then I will feel like I can take a little time to post pictures and stuff on here. We went to go see pretty horsies and drink bourbon last weekend like good little Kentucky expats. So watch out for that. And also.....

GO GIANTS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment