10.01.2012

I saw Itzhak Perlman perform the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto last night. No big deal.


The best I could do was snap a quick (hopefully) unobnoxious iPhone pic while we in the audience were going crazy with wild thunderous applause. And if the photo comes out terrible because of insufficient light, just throw the photo into your favorite photo editing program to make it look artsy. Anyway. It was tremendous.

In other news, we have our first quiz in my Medieval/Renaissance Notation class today. WTF. I've read  literally hyperbolically ten trillion different ten-page definitions of what a conductus is (and, specifically, what makes it so goddamn special that it's not a motet or organum) and I still couldn't tell you. Well, I think I could, but it would involve me rambling for like twenty minutes and saying a lot of sentences that end with an upward inflection to indicate the fact that I'm not quite sure what I'm talking about.........?

I have 2 hours left to stare at this graph of the different Medieval rhythmic modes in hopes that it will seep into my brain and I can summon the information during this quiz while I stare at a thirteenth-century polyphonic conductus and transcribe it into modern notation. Serenity now! So I guess I should stop blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment