10.31.2012

This is terrible. Don't read it.

This morning, as Schmoobs and I were driving through campus on the way to work, I was surprised at the lack of fresh young coeds wearing shamefully revealing costumes in an effort to be accidentally-on-purpose enticing:

(Note: I totally asterisked a certain word. It's not even a REAL curse word, but I felt obligated to. I don't know. Woman power and all that. Also, my mother reads this blog.)

Me: "Hey, where the sl*tty ladies at? Hm. ...Maybe they only come out at night."

Schmoobs:singing to the tune of Beyonce's 'Single Ladies' * "All the sl*tty ladies! (All the sl*tty ladies) All the sl*tty ladies! (All the sl*tty ladies) Now put your legs up!"

Me: "Hahahaha"

I slap Schmoobs on the shoulder *

Me: "That was half a slap and half a high five."

We are terrible, aren't we?

In related news, Happy (unshackled) Eighth Anniversary to me and Schmoobliebonbons today! Eight years. My goodness. Four states, a puppy, three cars (me...), and some additional gray hairs later and we are still going strong. Olive juice, Schmoobs!

Also, Bela has the best Halloween costume by far this year: FRANKENKITTY!


Look at that gnarly scar down his back! That would be so attractive to the female kitties...not that he has any manly bits that would cause him to care about female kitties. (Sorry, Bela.) Anyway, he is recovering well. The vet and staff were very pleased with how well Bela did during and after surgery and they said the tumor came out very cleanly and easily. Good news! We'll find out in about a week what exactly the mass was. We took him home from the vet yesterday evening and he has been chilling in our spare room (Room of A Thousand Unpacked Boxes) ever since. We baby-gated the room against BB so that Bela could have a quiet, relaxing space to ride out his drug haze. They gave him some opiates after surgery, apparently. Poor drugged-out kitty! But he's doing well. Been sleeping most of the time and I've gotten him to eat a little bit of wet food and take his pain medication without problem. Hooray for Bela!

No comments:

Post a Comment