5.15.2013

Blogaday Summer 2013. Status: Not good. Whoops. (Don't act surprised.)

Look, I've been a little preoccupied lately with the fact that the summer course I was told I would be teaching (and importantly, be paid for) was cancelled literally on the first day of the summer session and now I am scrambling to figure out how the hell to make that $2500 I was anticipating for bills and mortgage (wheee!) payments for the next three months. Damn you, stupid corporate business model university system!

I've gotten back to the occasional freelance copywriting gig in the meantime. But I am quickly remembering how soul-numbing and low-paying that work is. Sigh.

Also, I've been scouring the Lexington craigslist for possible temp or part-time work. You know, if I had any interest in a career as a truck driver or telemarketer, craigslist would be a treasure trove of opportunity. But, as it is, I don't. Nor do I have any interest in any "model" work for "young females." (Am I even considered "young" anymore? DON'T ANSWER THAT QUESTION.) Especially for photographers who advertise "puffy nipples needed." AAAAAAAAUUUUGHGHGHG. Gross gross gross. Stop being disgusting and super creepy, craigslist.

Anyway, next step is to harass area band directors for contact information for their band parents in hopes of getting a few private students. Wish me luck...

Maybe once I get this money thing figured out, I can blog actual pictures of our awesome new house.

No comments:

Post a Comment