5.09.2013

Things I said today...

...FINALLY!

"We have so much storage!"

"Thanks, cable/internet guy. That was really fast and efficient!"

"Yes, our shower has awesome water pressure!"

"We could fit six of our beds in here!"


It's days like today when I really realize how much I've been neglecting this blog. We moved into our new (and first!) house today. My feet hurt like hell and, up until the shower I was finally able to take ten minutes ago, I was a disgusting, stinky, sweaty, greasy mess, but it was worth it. We're not totally done yet, either. There are probably still two or three trips of smaller stuff to move over from our old place - including my contact lens case and solution...oops - and we'll be fully moved.

BB took to the new place pretty quickly. She started exploring all the ins and outs instantaneously and even, apparently, already had a bout of soft stoolage out on the driveway, which she then smeared on our covered patio. Schmoobles got to clean that up (by "that" I mean both the patio and BB's dingle factory) since I was busy working away unpacking the kitchen. Bela, on the other hand, was unsurprisingly less immediately enthusiastic. He hid upstairs inside the boxspring for a couple of hours. This was perfect because our bedroom is super roomy, pretty much empty besides the bed, and was fairly undisturbed all day, so he could feel calm and aware of his surroundings. After a while, he decided he felt comfortable enough to check out what was going on downstairs. Now, he is sitting next to me in bed looking pretty darn happy.

The other only even slightly negative thing about today is the knowledge that we are now completely responsible for paying all of our utilities (and, uh...everything else). The rent at our last place included all water and electricity, so it was like, "Wheeee! Air conditioning galore! Television on all the time! Yaaaaaaah!" (Sorry, polar ice caps.) Not anymore. I think the thermostat right now is at 75. Before my shower, it was slightly uncomfortable - especially upstairs where our bedroom is - but after washing the day's film off, it's actually quite pleasant, especially with the ceiling fan going.

Anyway, seeing as how my summer course got cancelled (ARRRGH! Goodbye, $2500 I was really counting on... *grumblegrumblegrumble*) earlier this week, I may find myself with some extra time these next few several to get back into the swing of blahging. This may shape up to be a daily post summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment