8.11.2013

Of acid reflux and bile loogies.

Hey, remember when I blogged about our new house and I mentioned something about our master bathtub being really nice but also very perplexing because it includes those random curved shelve-ledge things that don't make any sense because you can't really set anything on them without it toppling over? Here's a refresher:

Does this picture make the shower look really dirty? It's just the picture quality. I PROMISE. (No really. Why does it look like that? I swear, it's squeaky clean.)

I found a good use for that bottom ledge. See, when you have old friends from Seattle - who now live in Indiana - passing through town and you haven't seen them in over five years and they now have a three year old daughter whom you have never met, you have to drop whatever you are doing at 11am and meet them for lunch at a nearby Mexican-ish restaurant. Even if by the "whatever" you are doing is stuffing your face hole full of garlic parmesan pita chips and red pepper hummus. And so when you get to the restaurant, you have no appetite for tacos whatsoever and opt to have a margarita for lunch instead. And then several hours later, your gastrointestinal system organs will be all, "Oh, wait! I almost forgot! We are now over thirty years old and must punish our foolish host lady for having one measly margarita at lunchtime. Let's immediately put our bile production into overdrive and start shooting acid upwards. Esophagus, are you ready for this? Alright, guys, let's goooo!" And then as I'm standing there in the shower, an extreme bile-inducing nausea will overtake me and I will actually have to use that blasted bottom ledge to sit my butt down on in the middle of my bedtime shower with my elbows on my knees and head slumped over as I spit out bile loogies every 30 seconds.

Attractive.

Anyway, thank you strange bottom ledge of our master bathtub. You are now very purposeful. Also, being in your 30s is awesome. Wheeeeee!


No comments:

Post a Comment