12.27.2005

Because I know you all want to know more about me(Read: Because I feel obligated to update my blog but don't feel like putting forth much effort)

1. First Name? Ysabel

2. Were you named after anyone? I'm not sure. I think my mom told me once about an old relative or family friend who spelled her name like mine. But I may have made that up in my head, since I do that sometimes....

3. Do you wish on stars? No. I'm too cynical and cold-hearted for that now. But I'm sure I used to...

4. When did you last cry? A couple of weeks ago...

5. Do you like your handwriting? Yes. My penmanship is fabulous, if I do say so myself.

6. What is your birth date? May 25, 1980

7. What is your most embarrassing CD? Ugh, I have so many: There was "Chumbawumba," but thankfully I returned it the day after I bought it in a brief cloud of idiocy and exchanged it for "Save Ferris"; there's also Charlotte Church's first CD, a couple (yes, as in plural) of Shania Twain gems... I need to go shower now.

8. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Totally. I rock.

9. Do you have a journal? This blog, doy.

10. Do you use sarcasm a lot? With friends who I know would appreciate it, yes.

11. What are your nicknames? Ys, Y, and one that I can't mention because it would provide those not in the know with too much fodder. haHA!

12. Would you bungee jump? Totally.

13. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Well, seeing as how I wear boots, heels and flip-flops 99.4% of the time, I'd say no.

14. Do you think that you are strong? My guns are a source of fear for many thugs who happen to cross my path on the street.

15. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Mint chip. Or Cherry Garcia. Or awesome cheese-flavored ice cream you can find in Filipino stores! Don't knock it 'til you try it, yo.

16. Shoe Size? 6-ish

17. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I'm not going to be one of those girls, thanks.

18. Who do you miss most? My cat, Buddy.

19. Do you want everyone you send this to, to send it back? Eh. If you want.

20. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Jeans and brown boots. The old tried-and-true.

21. What are you listening to right now? Seinfeld on TV.

22. Last thing you ate? A milky way bar and coke. Holidays! No guilt! Wheeee!

23. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Green. Or periwinkle, because I've always liked that color name.

24. Last fun thing you did? Hang out with old friends and my high-school music teacher this morning. Then shopping with my mummie.

25. What is the weather like right now? Rainy, 60-ish degrees. Ah, northern California winters...

26. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Scott

27. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Honestly? Their smell. I'm actually pretty bad at checking other guys out.

28. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Nobody sent this to me.

29. Favorite Drink? Water. Diet Coke. Starbucks double tall 1 1/2 pump Raspberry Mocha. Gin and Tonic. Gin martini.

30. Favorite Sport? Anything Olympics-related. I mean anything. Even archery. Also, NBA basketball (go Kings!).

31. Favorite Athlete? Lenny Krayzelburg. Aleksei Nemov. Peja Stojakovic.

32. Hair Color? Dark brown.

33. Eye Color? Daaaaaaaark brown.

34. Do you wear contacts? Hells yes.

35. Favorite Food? Anything cooked by my parents. Fried potatoes in various forms. Nachos. Those burgers they served you in elementary school.

36. Last Movie You Watched? Um, part of "Catch Me If You Can" on the plane here, until my laptop's battery ran out. Boo.

37. Favorite Day of the Year? Loot-mas! I mean, Christmas!

38. Scary Movies or Happy Endings? Either, depending on the mood and the company.

39. Summer or winter? Winter.

40. Hugs OR Kisses? From the general public: hugs. For very specific people: kisses.

41. Your Favorite Dessert? Whatever's in front of my face. Preferably something in pie form.

42. Who Is Most Likely To Respond? Wha?

43. Who Is Least Likely To Respond? See above.

44. Living Arrangements? Sinfully co-habitating in Knoxville.

45. What Books Are You Reading? Not really reading anything at the moment. Was in the middle of The Color of Water by James McBride until I left for California.

46. What's On Your Mouse Pad? Nothing. I have a laptop. Because I'm cool and you wish you could be like me. (BTW, Re: my previous post: After much prodding, my younger brother has been working away at my precious sick laptop all day and it is considerably better now. No more annoying-as-@$$ pop-ups! And it is not as slow as it was a couple of days ago. Thank God. Stupid spyware!!!)

7. What Did You Watch Last night on TV? I don't remember. Must not have been terribly noteworthy.

48. Favorite Smells? Pine, especially during the holidays. Coffee. My man-cologne. Scott's man-cologne.

49. Favorite Sounds? Music that's not being blasted into my eardrums, of course. People I like laughing. The ocean. Cat purring. My niece giggling or saying anything.

51. What's the furthest you've been from home? Japan this summer, I guess.

52. Do you have a special talent? I am a virtual well-spring of talent.

*Have you ever*

1. Kissed your cousin: On the cheek, yes.

2. Ran away: Nope. Too much good food :)

3. Skipped school: *sigh* Yes. I even keep Spike the Blowfish in my car as a memento of my first time! But that's another story...

4. Broken someone's heart: Nope. I think. Oooh, wait. Maybe once.

5. Cried when someone died: Yes.

6. Wanted someone you knew you couldn't have: Hmm...not really. Oooh, wait. "Couldn't" or "shouldn't"?

7. Broken a bone: Nope.

8. Done something embarrassing: Numerous times! Hasn't everyone?

9. Lied: Yes. Again, hasn't everyone?

10. Cried in school: Yes.

*Who...*

1. Makes you laugh the most: Kat. Scott. Ben.

2. Makes you smile: Kat. Scott. Ben. Friends and family.

3. Can make you feel better no matter what: Friends and family.

4. Has A Crush on You: Who knows?

5. Do You Have A Crush On Someone: Nope, I'm taken, thanks!

*Seven Years Ago*

1. How old were you? 18

2. What grade were you in? Senior in high school

3. Where did you go to school? Santa Rosa High

4. Where did you work? Blockbuster Video ... oy.

5. Where did you live? At home

6. How was your hair style? I think my hair was in a chin-length bob when I graduated.

7. Did you wear braces? Never!

8. Did you wear contacts? Yes

9. Did you wear glasses? Only when I had to

10. Who were your best friends? I stopped having best friends after Jodie and Heidi a few years previous. But the band nerds were my people.

11. Who was your boyfriend/girlfriend? In my fantasy world: Matthew Broderick

12. Who was your celebrity crush? See above. Also: Peter Gallagher, Conan O'Brien, Kevin Spacey ... I have unusual tastes.

13. Who was your regular-person crush? Senior year? I honestly can't remember. ...John Grattan? Every girl in Santa Rosa had a crush on John Grattan.

14. What was your personality like? Quiet at first, friendly after some time. Moody. Stubborn. Same as now.

15. How many piercings did you have? I think I had 4 by that point.

16. How many tattoos did you have? None. But I always fantasized about getting one.

17. What was your favorite band/group? Weezer, Save Ferris, Aerosmith...

18. What was your biggest fear? Going off to college

19. Had you smoked a cigarette yet? No

20. Had you gotten drunk yet? No

21. Had you driven yet? Yes!

22. What kind of car did you drive? A Chevy Nova, baby!

23. Which of your pets were still alive? Buddy

24. Which members of your family were still alive? My maternal grandfather and my paternal grandmother

25. Which members of your family were not born yet? My niece, Kat. And numerous little cousins.

26. Favorite memories of that year? Band. Especially our trip to Vancouver.

The End

2 comments:

  1. Ysabel, I have to call you and tell you about the lesson with Elsa, also are you going to be in K-town for new years or not??
    Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ys- what was the wonderful myspace line that you and Benwar came up for my header? So can't remember!

    ReplyDelete