5.27.2007

Guuuuh.

I think I've sneezed fifty times in the last 3 minutes. At least the virus waited until the day after my birthday to infiltrate my immune system and cause the mucous production to go into overload yet again. In any case, my birthday was wonderful. Thank you to all who sent me good wishes via snail mail, the intarweb or telephone! I was almost able to forget that I am now officially in my "late twenties" and yet, have neither the careeer that I want nor the savings account I feel I should have.

Ack.

Aaack.

Aaaaaaack!!

*****

Meh. I'm over it. If I can find the strength to pull myself into an upright position later today (seeing as how, in about thirty seconds, I will be curled up in a fetal position on the couch curled up in my beloved ratty old purple comforter and watching incredibly bad television) I will tell you all about my birthday celebration. Or maybe I will just cut and paste the email I sent to my family. Whatevs. Until then....

*****

Addendum 1:

Make the sneezing stop!!! Auuuggghh!!!

*****

Addendum 2:

Okay, I've just taken some Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Severe, an Ester-C vitamin C supplement and made myself a cup of ginger tea and honey. If this doesn't work, I'm screwed.

*****

Addendum 3:

Do this: take an English muffin and toast it so that the edges are golden brown and crisp, then, while it's still hot, spread some butter on both halves and drizzle over the top with honey. You will thank me. In other news: I think the sneezing has gotten better but the coughing is still very much taking over my life. I have put on the season finale of "The Office" which we Tivo-ed to make myself feel better. After that, I will put on the season finale of "Heroes." That should carry me right into "The Simpsons" at 8 o'clock. Ah, it's nice to have my plans for the rest of the evening totally set...

*****

Addendum 4:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S NO SIMPSONS ON TONIGHT?! Gah.

4 comments:

  1. Feel better soon! Please note I don't say that only because I want to hear about your party. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fell better soon! Please note I don't say that only because I want to hear about your party. I just don't want to read any more whinyness. ;)

    No, seriously, get better. It sucks to be sick in the spring when the sun is shining and the birds are singing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what it's like to sneeze 50x in a row. I don't think I've been able to breathe the past month. =P

    Well, it could be worse - at least you can EAT! I have some weird stomach virus. Makes me sick to eat or drink anything.

    BOOOO

    I love the Office. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, you should try being in your late 30s and having neither the career or bank account you feel you should have. That REALLY sucks. Meanwhile, i've been meaning to ask you- what does the word "Gah" sound like? A good friend of mine texts using that word sometime, and when i asked her what it sounded like she just replied "oh, it's american". YOU are the only other person i know who uses it.
    meanwhile, keep playing the good tunes (get well soon)
    donald

    ReplyDelete