9.05.2007

It was Tchaikovsky's Marche Slave.

You know what I love? Classical radio stations who have a complete listing down to the minute of their programming on their website. Seriously. If not for this, I would have been left to wonder for all the rest of my days what the hell that piece was that I was listening to on my drive home from work today that I could not identify, even though I've surely heard it at least ten times before and can whistle the melody in my sleep. Way to go, Seattle's 98.1!

And for your listening (dis)pleasure, here is the piece in varying interpretations:

GOOD



BAAAD

2 comments:

  1. so i'm going to assume that the video equipment was just really poor for the michigan state video and that the brass and strings and winds and conductor made me want to hurt small babies. :-( does that make me a bad person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remind me not to go to Michigan State. That can't be their best orchestra, can it?

    ReplyDelete