9.29.2007

What are my 12 Steps?

It has been confirmed by more than one source (okay okay, just Greatest Print Assistant Ever and myself) that I am officially a caffeine addict. As in, if I do not have, at the minimum, a cup of coffee in the morning -- but, ideally, at least a double Americano or, dare I say it, a Star*ucks double soy Pumpkin Spice Latte* -- then I am truly the moodiest, most unpleasant raving botch this world has ever seen**. This makes me wonder if all my years spent being a sulky teenager was just my body's way of telling me that it needed coffee. Hm. See, Mom? Dad? Greg? Nothing personal. I just hadn't found the light yet at that point.

Anyway, Scott is judging some sort of band nerdly goodness today and I have spent all day*** lying on the couch watching bad (And by "bad," I mean, soooo good) reality television on MTV and wondering why I'm really sleepy and have a throbbing headache. And then it dawned on me. I need to go fix myself a hot cup of crack coffee. DOY. And so I did. And now I feel much better! Better enough to say this: you guys have all heard this song from the Old Navy commercial, right? Is it not the cutest little song ever? Is it not the musical equivalent of a widdle strawberry cupcake with white fwosting and rainbow shprinkles? Ugh, I love it. Maybe I'll see if I can make it my ringtone...although to get rid of Brubeck's Blue Rondo a la Turk as my ringtone would be hard. Or Kelis' Milkshake, as is the case for my personalized ringtone for Scott :) Don't ask.


* 'Tis the season for Pumpkin Spice Lattes again! Squeee!

** Outside of the world of old cranky-ass piano teachers, of course.

*** Except for early this morning when I finally redeemed the gift certificate I got from my wonderful sister to Dream Dinners and assembled three pretty spectacular meals. I chose to prepare a 1. Garlic and balsamic marinated sirloin roast, 2. Stuffed flounder with white wine sauce, and 3. Chicken paella. I am excited to eat them all. Perhaps I will leave some for Scott. If he's lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Ys.. I never realized the extent of your addiction.. Now I feel as if I have a friend! ;-)

    ReplyDelete