1.13.2008

Go do this. Right now. You'll thank me.

In a large saucepan over medium high heat, put in about one cup of almonds and one cup of pecans. Shake them, stir them, toss them, whatever, for about 2 - 3 minutes. Just so they start roasting, but not so that they burn (I'm notorious for burning nuts...[insert joke about burnt testicles here]). Then, toss in about 2 inches of butter (I have no idea how many tablespoons that is, and am too lazy to walk over to the kitchen and look) and let it get all melty and sizzly. While stirring continuosly, allow to sizzle for maybe another 2 minutes. Then toss in a dry mixture comprised of about 1/2 cup brown sugar, one tablespoon cocoa powder, one tablespoon confectioner's sugar, and a dash each of cayenne pepper, salt and cinnamon. This is all very variable according to taste. I just mixed them up according to what was in my cupboard. Perhaps some nutmeg would be nice. Whatevs. Stir it all up all sexy like, and let the dry ingredients melt into the butter. After a minute or so, pour the nuts onto a cookie sheet. Shake them up or use a spoon to spread the nuts out and allow to cool. When the nuts have cooled and gotten all re-crystalized, proceed to stuff the delicious nutty goodness into your face. You're welcome.

***

In other news, I really wish Craigslist could be more helpful in helping me find part-time work in something that does not involve sales...or showing my goodies to "artists" (pervs) seeking "models" (desperate girls) for "tasteful photographs" (dirty pics) to put into their "portfolios" (secret box under the bed). Yeesh.

The more I think about it, the more I really want to get into copywriting, editing, etc. as at least a part-time gig at the moment as I continue to use the next couple of years to gear myself up, both brainiacally and emotionally, for going back to graduate school to get a doctorate in musicology. But how does one get into the writing and editing bid-niss with 2 music degrees? If someone would like to give me their opinions, I would love to hear it.

In the meantime, I am going to continue stuffing my face with delicious nuts [again, insert testicle joke here] while sifting through all the fake dirty ads on Craigslist.

No comments:

Post a Comment