1.06.2008

This is what I think about when I have free time.

You all have heard of Turduckens, right? A de-boned chicken, stuffed inside a de-boned duck, stuffed inside a de-boned turkey. It is, quite possibly, the very definition of American excess personified in a food item. In other words, I have never had the distinct pleasure to actually sample this wonderful delicacy, but, given the opportunity, I will fully embrace it with open arms (open mouth?).

It got me thinking yesterday as Scott and I drove to Tacoma to visit a music store to find some sheet music he was looking for (No, not the one that I work as the buyer for. Yes, that might make me a traitor. And yes, I may have spent nearly $80 on clarinet reeds at a competitor's music store. But yes, I also did call my company first to check if we had the reeds I need in stock. And no, we didn't. So yes, I feel completely justified buying my reeds since we have seating auditions tomorrow and I have today to practice for them. And yes, I plan on completely smoking the competition. And no, that doesn't make me arrogant, just confident and fabulous!): What if one were to hypothetically take some mini-cocktail weiners, stuff them inside a Nathan's hot dog, stuff that inside a Costco Polish sausage and then stuff that inside a nice fatty (phatty?) Bratwurst. Oh good lord. I defy all of you (non-vegan hippie) friends of mine to tell me that that wouldn't be like one of the greatest culinary creations this universe has ever seen! I currently only have some Nathan's hotdogs in my fridge, but rest assured that given the right occasion -- Super Bowl? March Madness? Later today for lunch? -- I will try it and it will be awesome.

Also:

89% Barack Obama
88% John Edwards
88% Hillary Clinton
86% Chris Dodd
80% Joe Biden
78% Bill Richardson
74% Dennis Kucinich
72% Mike Gravel
52% Rudy Giuliani
42% John McCain
32% Tom Tancredo
31% Mitt Romney
27% Mike Huckabee
21% Ron Paul
17% Fred Thompson

OBAWARDINTON '08!!!

2008 Presidential Candidate Matching Quiz (thanks Sarah L.!)


UPDATE: I confess that I don't really have a mind for politics. Scratch that. I have a mind. And it doesn't like to think about politics much...except for thoughts such as, "Go Liberals!" (much to the chagrin of my parental figures) However, I do have to say that I am SO excited to live in a country led by President Obama or President Hillary or President Pretty Boy in roughly one year's time, especially after all the ridiculous craptaciousness of the last 1.75 terms. But in all seriousness, the real reason I'm way excited that we are in an election year is this: Political satire episodes of The Simpsons!! Dan Rather, Bill and Kucinich on tonight's episode... holy crap. Pure old fashioned Simpsons satire at its finest. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment