1.01.2008

Happy New Year to me!orTypical.

Went on my merry way to excitedly head to the airport to pick up Schmoobles at 10pm on Sunday night. Literally 15 seconds from the Interstate onramp, I heard a *thud* as my tire hit or ran over something followed by *rrrrrr RRRRRR RRRRR clunk clunk clunk RRRRRRR RRRRRR clunk RRRRRR* as my poor (un)Lucky struggled to remain in forward motion with a FLAT TIRE.

Praise the heavens I hadn't made it onto the onramp yet, and was able to slowly turn (un)Lucky around and very gingerly make my way back to our apartment before running through the mud (I parked out on the street instead of our actual parking lot) and up the stairs and back into the apartment to grab Scott's truck keys and race back to the airport in his comparatively massive and unwieldy Ford pick-up. Better to have all the craptaciousness out in 2007 to make way for a fabulous 2008, no?

In better news, Scott performed some magic witchcraftery with his credit card last night as we celebrated the New Year by having dinner at Chevy's (in which I ordered the Sampler Platter and was immediately questioned by the bartender: "Have you ever had the Samplet Platter before? You know it's a lot of food, right?" To which I responded: "Bring it.") and then headed over to Target to purchase a beautiful new 32" HDTV. I, of course, being the more financially conservative of the pair (...how scary is that?!), did not feel that we necessarily needed it. But now that it is sitting in our living room, I will be sure to enjoy it immensely. Especially when all these silly little Bowl games are through and I set the television back to its Regularly Scheduled Ysabel Programming (i.e. The Food Network).

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment