1.05.2010

Because Dan is bullying me into writing a new post.

I knooooooow. Doesn't it count that I have thought about writing a new blog post several times in the last couple of weeks? Isn't there some old adage? Like, "It is the thinking about doing something that is almost very nearly sometimes just as good as actually doing it? Especially when you live in the godforsaken state of Texas 85% of the year and you are too busy reveling in the glorious gloriousness of northern California over the holidays?" Maybe it's worded a little differently.

Hm. Well, as you can see, I had the brilliant idea of responding to Dan's comment on a new post, so this is rather like taking care of two tasks at once. Isn't there some old adage about that, too? Like, "Throwing two rocks at one poor defenseless bird is slightly less efficient than killing two partridges in a pear tree with one stone, you psychopath." Or something like that?

Anyway, you want an update on my life? Here it is:

1. I love California. And the people in it. More than I love like tolerate Texa(n)s (no offense, Texas).

2. I chopped roughly ten feet of hair off of my head. I may get rid of one or two more inches sometime this week.

3. I babysat a headstrong little 3-year old all by myself - for like FIVE HOURS!! - and lived to tell about it. I am doing the same as we speak. Let us all bow our heads in prayer.

4. Finally saw Up. What a cute movie. Pixar hits another one out of the ballpark. It almost warmed my heart enough to release it from its icy coils inside my cold, blackened insides. Almost.

5. My dear mommy came home from her extended trip to the Philippines and she brought us home some "blingies." Hilarity ensued. ...Maybe I'll explain another day. My mom's awesome.

6. Yesterday, I tripped and fell and managed to bend two of the fingers in my right hand in such a way that they are not meant to be bent and now part of my right hand hurts like a mofo. It makes the pressing of the keys on the devil stick quite challenging. Luckily, I don't have a friend's recital to play in anytime soon, like TOMORROW or something... Oh, wait. But apparently I am still able to power through the excruciating PAIN and update my blog because my friend Dan is making me feel bad for not doing so. Are you happy now, Dan?! Hehehe...

7. I continue to be as poor and destitute as ever. Maybe this is the year that I finally figure out exactly how to fix and rearrange my life so as to make me more fulfilled with my job situation, as well as make my bank account more full-filled with the cash situation. Here's to hoping! Good riddance to 2009 and welcome to 2010! Isn't there an age-old saying about this as well? "In the dime, I gets mine!"

No comments:

Post a Comment