4.18.2010

Someday when I claim my rightful place as Princess of the Universe, I am going to deem weekends to be a mandatory 120 hours long.

Because sitting on my couch drinking coffee and being non-productive on the interwebs with the Food Network on the television makes me very happy.

In Let's Catch Up, Shall We? news: Schmooblebops and I got into our regularly scheduled biquarterly argument a few days ago, which partially explains my somewhat extended absence. (But really, the main reason is the fact that I am lazy.) Something involving him wanting to buy a house in Texass to take advantage of the Fed's first time homebuyer tax credit and establish some equity, and me not immediately leading a marching band and doing cartwheels while throwing confetti at the thought of him investing in real estate in the (NOT)Happiest Place on Earth. I thought he was being rash in this decision, he thought I was being unsupportive. Blah blah blah, it's not important. What is important is that I went to a used bookstore the next day and found this book in the clearance bin for $3.00:


Ahahhahahahahah.


Anyway. We spent the obligatory 48 hours of Mutual Silent Treatment (which, by the way, when you teach in the same department at the same university = awkwaaaard), then we aired our grievances and hugged it out, and now we're besties again. The End.

(Un?)fortunately, I didn't end up buying that book so I never found it if my boyfriend is, indeed, the Antichrist. I sure hope not. I'll be okay if he ends up being the Man in Black or Smokey, though. LOST anyone? Okay, moving on...

In the meantime, wish Schmooblebops luck as he waits to see if his offer to purchase a beautiful waterfront condo is accepted. I saw the property yesterday and it really is a stunning home. The price that it is listed at is incredible for the degree of upgrade/renovation the previous owner recently did and, most of all, the crazy waterfront view, so when the time comes to resell, it should hopefully yield a good return. Also, if we end up living there, it will certainly make living in Texass bearable for at least one more year. What will happen when (please Jeebus, let it be a "when" and not and "if"!) I get into a PhD program next year and have (get?) to move away remains to be seen. But I'll worry about that when the time comes.

And maybe this place will perhaps entice some of you to come visit your dear friend/cousin/daughter/Princess of the Universe/sister Little Ysabel? C'moooon.

No comments:

Post a Comment